13/14 Beasley Predictions

What will happen with Beasley this year?

• Career turnaround, becomes a productive starter

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Inconsistent, in and out of playing rotation

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Out of rotation, sits and mopes at the end of the bench

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Cut or traded, gone before the deadline

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Jail time, the assault thing catches up

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just waive him, and say, "We made a mistake, we'll be paying for it for a couple of years, but other than that, it's fixed."

I think they'll give him another shot, he will be no different than he is now, and he'll be waived next year.

If the Suns bought him out this season, wouldn't it save 3M being counted in the salary cap for 2014-15 season?

The 3M being the partial guarantee for that season.

I'll willing to see if McDonnough can package him in another trade but I believe the Suns would be better off without him (in their scheme of things).

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If the Suns bought him out this season, wouldn't it save 3M being counted in the salary cap for 2014-15 season?

The 3M being the partial guarantee for that season.

I'll willing to see if McDonnough can package him in another trade but I believe the Suns would be better off without him (in their scheme of things).

I am not sure how that works, actually. For some reason I think that if you waive him now, you owe him everything he's scheduled to make. I could be 100% wrong.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this!

Asked during the Las Vegas Summer League if he believes the always tantalizing, but troublesome 6-9, 235-pound power forward can be a positive force during this important transitional season, McDonough answered with a team-wide message — one that should resonate loudest between Beasley’s ears.

“I guess what I’ll say generally about that is we’re going to treat everybody the same,” McDonough said. “There won’t be any special treatment for anybody on the roster and as Jeff [Hornacek] and I told all the guys coming in, we don’t care how much money you’re making, where you were drafted, how long you’ve been in the league, what, if anything, you’ve been promised in the past. We’re going into this as an pen competition, and when training camp comes, guys who buy in and play the right way and play hard will play, and those who don’t, won’t.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/27/beasley-will-walk-thin-line-with-new-suns/

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'd trade Beasley and Gortat for a pack of cigarettes.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't mind Beasley on the team this year at all. He is a terribly inefficient basketball player and really hurts his team most of the time. Come on ping pong balls. After this year, he's gone. Works out quite well, imo. Put it this way, if you're stuck with the guy for a season, this would be the year for it.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"I am Beasley". Maybe he is growing up a little.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I am Beasley". Maybe he is growing up a little.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say that during his NBA career. I think it's just as likely he's found his level. Remember, he had similar type numbers when he played in college. And there's always the possibility that it's both, he's grown up and China is the right playground for his talent.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are American players most people have never heard of who put up video game stats over in China.

Von Wafer is averaging over 30 a game, some dude named Errick McCollum is leading the league in scoring, dropping 38.5 a game. Its a level of competition below that of D-1 basketball.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say that during his NBA career. I think it's just as likely he's found his level. Remember, he had similar type numbers when he played in college. And there's always the possibility that it's both, he's grown up and China is the right playground for his talent.

Steve

Yup. Plus less distractions for him in China (ex. marijuana) .

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Michael Beasley named Chinese All-Star Game MVP after scoring record 59 points

Even the most ardent hoops lovers occasionally lose touch with which players are plying their trade where from time to time, missing signings or trades or releases for one reason or another. So you'd be forgiven if you'd forgotten that Michael Beasley — former Kansas State standout and No. 2 overall selection in the 2008 NBA draft, one spot behind Derrick Rose, two choices ahead of Russell Westbrook, and three picks ahead of Kevin Love — had gone (back) overseas, signing a one-year deal with the Yao Ming-owned Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association back in October after the Miami Heat declined to bring him back and a training camp invitation from the Memphis Grizzlies seemed unlikely to result in a regular-season roster spot.

Evidently, the former Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves and Phoenix Suns forward — who turned 26 years old on Jan. 9 — is thriving in the CBA, averaging 29.4 points on 51.4 percent shooting to go with 10.4 rebounds and 4.7 assists in 38.5 minutes per game. (Despite Beasley's production, the Sharks rank just 12th in the CBA with a 15-17 overall record.) Such gaudy numbers earned SuperCoolBeas a trip to the league's annual All-Star Game, and it looks like he gave the fans quite a show:

After the Stephon Marbury and Andray Blatche-led North team stormed out to a 13-2 lead, Beasley led the South side back, scoring a CBA All-Star Game record 59 points to lead the South to a 142-123 victory, according to Chinese news outlet Xinhua. Beasley was named the game's MVP, which tends to happen when you set a new single-game scoring record and your team wins.

It remains to be seen whether Beasley's regular-season and exhibition-game scoring prowess leads NBA teams to view him as a viable late-season addition after the CBA campaign wraps up in March. If nothing else, though, I think we can all find some comfort in the knowledge that defense is just as optional in international all-star games as it is here in the U.S.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please. I think I could have scored 20 on that defense, and I'm 5'10 with bad knees.

That's amazing. I was looking for one person who made small defensive effort anywhere. Nothing. Wow. Embarrassing really.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually do have a bit of pity for Goran having to be reunited with Beasley. He may not have enjoyed playing with some of the guys we have this year but during that 2012/13 season Goran wore his contempt for Beasley all over his face, shooting him incredulous looks on a regular basis as Beasley shrugged him off in transition and took one awful shot after another.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake