2003 Schedule

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two home games in Sept....Seattle/GB. They are going to fry. Northern teams in the hot Sept sun...Love it!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
Two home games in Sept....Seattle/GB. They are going to fry. Northern teams in the hot Sept sun...Love it!!

People are going to crucify me for this one - but I see 5-11/6-10 next year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Maybe that will be on national TV, because our beloved Red Birds aren't on at all:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/national

that's sad - wait a second - ithought it was an NFL that all teams get at least ONE prime-time game - that's why there are so many bad games on ESPN Sunday nights - am I wrong on that one?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First 2 of 3 at home, latest cold weather game is Chicago Nov 30.

Better schedule than the NFL usually gives us.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I am kinda surprised this wasn't the Sunday night game.

Oct 5 @Dallas 1:00pm

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I see a busy traveling month for me in November.

11/9 - Pittsburgh
11/16 - Cleveland
11/30 - Chicago

I'ma gonna be broke for Christmas! :thumbup:

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
I am kinda surprised this wasn't the Sunday night game.

Oct 5 @Dallas 1:00pm

Me too. Maybe by the time we signed Emmitt, it was too late to change it? Or maybe ESPN and/or the NFl think both us and the Cowgirls will suck?

Thhhhhhppppttt!

pinnacle

Reaction score
I also thought every team got one nightime prime time game..last season the bengals cards, etc. were on sunday nights..

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
People are going to crucify me for this one - but I see 5-11/6-10 next year.

I agree with you but at the same time if the ball bounces our way we could also go 9-7.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chicago game might be tempting - I am usually up in that area for Thanksgiving.

ChiCard - will that be a "home" game?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals have a webmaster? Or is it just some guy in the office that updates their website!

Sure, they've got the article about this year's schedule, but where is the just the schedule it's self?

What a joke!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
I also thought every team got one nightime prime time game..last season the bengals cards, etc. were on sunday nights..

Yeah, but if you remember the scuttlebutt before the 2002 season, the Falcons were supposed to be bad, but had a possibly explosive player in M. Vick, the Bengals were supposed to be a playoff team, and the Cards were a franchise on the rise. Looking at the schedule I had from the SI Season Preview, I had the Cards going 9-7. That Sun. night game (and the Saturday game before it) could have been battles for 1st in the NFC West, which was supposed to be the best division in the NFL last year.

Wasn't the GB game two years ago during the day and early in the season? It didn't seem to matter to them then, and that game'll basically be a home game for Favre and Co., as it has been in the past.

I'm not surprised that they didn't put the DAL/ARI game on a Sunday night. That game might have intrigue for Cowboy and Card fans, but why would people in NY and LA (which is all people at ESPN and the NFL really care about) want to watch a game betwee two teams that'll end up 7-9 (at best) and has as the main storyline a player that could have proven himself washed up playing a team that'll probably be on the rise behind their new coach?

Those things being said, I'm excited for the Draft (if it ever gets here), camps, Madden 2004, and the Cards season, in order of appearance. I love the Cards, but they're the kind of team (at least they were last year, things'll look a little different for the first time in a while this season) that'll keep you from switching to the CBS game for four quarters, and still lose, or win against a team that makes you shrug your shoulders and wonder why it was so close to begin with (Panthers, Lions, even the *-men). Even after all that, though, the big picture always seems pretty ugly, so none of us look at it. I hope they surprise me, I really do. Perhaps they'll do well enough this season to be on MNF next year...

pinnacle

Reaction score
Too lazy to look it up..but since they started sunday night games (or I think thursday for a couple of weeks) - I thought the cardinals had been on either sunday or monday night games at least once each season - not matter how poor the outlook...I know the sunday night games features poor teams alot - so I assumed they did that so all teams were on once in the prime time. Last season it was st.louis..cannot remember season before..before that it was 49ers I think (where aeneas ended youngs career)..I must have been under the wrong assumption..it was based on the fact that the cards had at least one sunday night game..but it appears there is no such policy..

Now that I think about it..the year the patriots won the super bowl - I want to say that they (patriots) did not have a sunday, monday night or thanksgiving game..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by so far away
I agree with you but at the same time if the ball bounces our way we could also go 9-7.

This may sound weird -but I think the season rests solely on one game - Green Bay - it could be a statement game just like the Niners game was supposed to be last year. We could start off with a couple wins and going 3-0 and beating the Packers would give Mac and his squad the feeling that they do belong - and that kind of attitude will win you road games against bad teams that you would lose otherwise solely becasue it was a road game.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
I think the season rests on one game - Green Bay

I edited your quote so I can say "I agree completely."
We definately need to beat these guys. No more big game tank jobs.

I'll edit your signature as soon as I figure out how...

Reaction score
Philidelphia has the most "national" games with a whopping 9 games.

Then Green Bay with 8, followed by SB champs Tampa Bay with 7.

Seven teams have 6 games apiece broadcast (the only team in this group, or above, that was not a playoff team last year is Denver.)

Dallas has slipped to only 5 "national" showings for "America's team". ( I hate that term!!!)

Arizona is grouped with Houston and Cincinnati as the only teams to not be included in nationally televised games!

Anybody have a clue as to how they really determine these schedules?? Why is Philly given so many?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardLogic
Why is Philly given so many?

1. New stadium
2. Consistent Success
3. Franchise QB (Plenty of opportunities to talk about the "New Breed" of QB, while having a player that just shy of being right between pocket-passer and scrambler)
4. "Personality" Coach
5. Entertaining D (Lots of blitzing, lots of picks)
6. Large Market
7. Tons of storylines

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05