2007 Season Anatomy of a Cardinal fans season.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Week 1--All that excitement building up for the big game. This year starts with extra anticipation as we must wait until 10:15 (those of us on the East coast) Monday night. This game could go one of two ways we get crushed or win a close one. All I know is that by the time the game clock ticks to 00:00 in the fourth quarter and the final is 35-20 I get that same sick feeling and can't believe I stayed up all night for that.

Week 2--It's o.k. no big deal it's only one loss. SEA come to town. No way they beat us in our home opener right?....right? RIGHT!!! As Rackers drills a 40 yarder to win the game. 20-17

Week 3--Wow 1-1! Awesome same spot as we were in last year. But wait what's that I see a game at Baltimore??? Uh-oh this can't be good. And it sure isn't. We topple 30-16. Wow this year it took until week three for my faith in a good season to start to show some weakness.

Week 4--Well right now this game is a "must win" for the boys. Fortunatly for us Whis knows Big Ben like the back of his hand. A-Dub is a blitzing monster and #21 has two picks on the day. Leinart shows the world why he is better than Ben Ben. We win 20-13.

Week 5--Well 2-2 isn't that bad. Yet another "must win" game at STL. No problem STL's D is old and porous. MAtt has a career day against the Rams. 450 yards passing Edge has 110 yards rushing. Hey not bad 3-2 33-24.

Week 6--Carolina at home. Good another early test. Hope they don't school us again like last time. Nope not again. This is the game where Carr replaces Delhomme. AZ is rolling 4-2 now 17-13.

Week 7--@ WAS. Boy hate to enter the bye week with a loss. That would really really suck. But that's exactly what happens. AZ losses another heartbreaker 20-17. Two weeks of agonizing how the season will end. They boys enter the bye at 4-3.

Week 9--Could use a good pick me up. @ Tampa Bay isn't the spot though. An up and coming TB team has our number 33-20. A good ol fashioned butt kicking. By now the nerves are starting to kick in and that sick feeling I usually feel around week 3 comes knocking on the door but guess who the next game is DET!!! But hey the O line is playing better and Edge is getting 100 yards games by now. 4-4

Week 10-- DET just what the Dr. ordered but is it. Fortunatly Kitna is getting older and although Rolle is getting torched by CJ we win easily. Once again my emotions are on a roller coaster. A convincing 30-17 win makes me feel better though until I look at the calendar. 5-4 going into CIN

Week 11--By the second quarter my T.V. is broke and the draft Antoine Casion talk has already begun. It's a battle of the top two receivng corps in the NFL doing battle and guess who wins? Not the team with two corners named Rolle and Hood. It's a shootout though as two explosive teams go at it. My faith is at an end though. CIN 44 AZ 35. 5-5

Week 12--God can't April just get here. We'll get a good pick and have him hold out until week three of training camp. Bring on SF. We need a good victory. SF is rolling by now and is 7-3. But the come up against an angry hungry Cardinal team. Although I feel it's a moral victory I doubt it's good enough for playoffs, but it IS good enough to make sure we don't get a good draft pick. Excellent. 6-5

Week 13--Cleveland at home thank God. Lets rip off two in a row. By the way Joe Thomas you suck! Brady Quinn is starting now and A-Dub is going to be in his second pro-bowl. Bad combination for Brownie fans. AZ avenges their butt kicking at CLE from three years ago AZ 38 CLE 20. 7-5

Week 14--I am happy. We are at 7 wins this must be some kind of miracle. I love Whis coach of the decade!!!!!! But we have to go to SEA. They drop us at Seattle....again. 34-24. 7-6. WOW but hey look who's slated for that Sunday night game in NO next week!!!!

Week 15--My upset game of the year. I am smelling playoffs. We are all going crazy. If we can only beat NO. That's exactly what happens as our WR's overpower their weak secondary. We are playoff bound I can feel it. At least we have something to build on for next year.....but where is Dansby's extension? 8-6

Week 16--ATL at home. Guess what so is Mike Vick! Some might say he's dogging it! Sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though the thought of Joey Harrington scares me about as much as mowing my lawn. I can really sniff playoffs now. We win easily 20-10 9-6

Week 17--Division title on the line. At the very least the playoffs. SF has wittled away since we beat them and we could take the division with a win. The Rams have other plans though as they play spoiler 30-25. We end at 9-7 and make the playoffs where we loose in the divisonal round.

Well that wasn't so painful was it? I hope this is how it goes.

Last edited:

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
Week 11--...My faith is at an end though. CIN 44 AZ 35. 5-5

It's amazing how my expectations have been lowered over the years. While reading this I was thinking, "5-5 after week 11? That'd be great!"

I'm not sure what I'd do if the Cards made the playoffs this year, but I'd like to find out.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I read your first prediction and started to think, ok another darksider here we go.
But you know what, you could very well be right.
The only thing I see different is;
If your scenario is right.
No way, do we lose the last game at home to the Rams.

10 & 6

Attachments

• KA 3.jpg
    KA 3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i was about to stop reading and quick reply that you were the worst fan....but that was pretty good, i like how yardage is even predicted...but cmon have a little faith in the 3-4 defense.

Reaction score
Week 1--All I know is that by the time the game clock ticks to 00:00 in the fourth quarter and the final is 35-20 I get that same sick feeling and can't believe I stayed up all night for that.

Week 2--It's o.k. no big deal it's only one loss. SEA come to town. No way they beat us in our home opener right?....right?

Week 3--Wow 1-1! Awesome same spot as we were in last year. But wait what's that I see a game at Baltimore??? Uh-oh this can't be good. And it sure isn't. We topple 30-16. Wow this year it took until week three for my faith in a good season to start to show some weakness.

Week 4--Well right now this game is a "must win" for the boys.

Week 5--Well 2-2 isn't that bad. Yet another "must win" game at STL.

Week 6--Carolina at home. Hope they don't school us again like last time.

Week 7--@ WAS. Boy hate to enter the bye week with a loss. That would really really suck. But that's exactly what happens. Two weeks of agonizing how the season will end.

Week 9--Could use a good pick me up. @ Tampa Bay isn't the spot though. A good ol fashioned butt kicking. By now the nerves are starting to kick in and that sick feeling I usually feel around week 3 comes knocking on the door...

Week 10-- DET just what the Dr. ordered but is it. Once again my emotions are on a roller coaster. A convincing 30-17 win makes me feel better though until I look at the calendar.

Week 11--By the second quarter my T.V. is broke and the draft Antoine Casion talk has already begun. My faith is at an end though.

Week 12--God can't April just get here. We'll get a good pick and have him hold out until week three of training camp. ...Although I feel it's a moral victory I doubt it's good enough for playoffs, but it IS good enough to make sure we don't get a good draft pick.

Week 13--Cleveland at home thank God.

Week 14--I am happy. We are at 7 wins this must be some kind of miracle. I love Whis coach of the decade!!!!!! But we have to go to SEA. They drop us at Seattle....again.

Week 15--At least we have something to build on for next year.....but where is Dansby's extension?

Week 16--ATL at home. Guess what so is Mike Vick! Some might say he's dogging it!

Week 17--Division title on the line. At the very least the playoffs. The Rams ...play spoiler 30-25. We end at 9-7 and make the playoffs where we loose in the divisonal round.

Well that wasn't so painful was it?
Wow, that's a lot of angst for Cardinals season that ends with a 9-7 record and a playoff appearance!

But I guess that's the life of a Cardinals fan, huh! :cool:

Btw, nice job on the post Ct! :thumbup:

seesred

Reaction score
Fun read. It could very well play out like that. Who knows, but as Cardinal fans we know one thing for sure get your heart doc prepared it's Cardinal seaon.

GBR

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Week 2--It's o.k. no big deal it's only one loss. SEA come to town. No way they beat us in our home opener right?....right? RIGHT!!! As Rackers drills a 40 yarder to win the game. 20-17

Man, that would be a key if this season is going to be successful. If this team can pull out these last-minute wins early in the season, the momentum will build. I don't think you can underrate how much Rackers honking back-to-back game-winners killed this team last season.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that would be a key if this season is going to be successful. If this team can pull out these last-minute wins early in the season, the momentum will build. I don't think you can underrate how much Rackers honking back-to-back game-winners killed this team last season.

So true. Stupid George Washington Rackers.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't the KC kick just to tie the game? That shouldn't count in the game-winner missing streak.

You must be registered for see images

But that's just nit-picking, isn't it?

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

"I say, go long, James Madison! I shall endeavor to launch the ball with my arm as though 'twere a musket. One if a blitz, Two if prevent! Hi-ho!"

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the KC kick just to tie the game? That shouldn't count in the game-winner missing streak.

But that's just nit-picking, isn't it?

Yes, however both Larry Johnson and Dante Hall were done for that game. That was as good of a game-winner as you are going to get, going to OT.

Last edited: