2010 Arizona Cardinals: Happy Days Are Here Again

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You think Porter and Haggans at this stage in their careers are strong OLBs?

We dont know what Brown or Davis will do.

I dont view this as a strong position.

It's not strong, but it's solid. As others have said, I'm less concerned about either OLB than I am with either ILB, #2 CB (both if DRC has any kind of setback), TE, and either OT position.

Solid.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Why? because Wells', like Faneca... can actually pull.

So you saying Deuce aint good with the ladies? :D

I like the optimistic looks that both Mitch and Cat have on the roster and feel more fans should be more like that. I wish i was anyhow..

Monty

Reaction score
It's not strong, but it's solid. As others have said, I'm less concerned about either OLB than I am with either ILB, #2 CB (both if DRC has any kind of setback), TE, and either OT position.

Solid.

Ditto our main concerns lay in the WILB, SILB and second CB spot though i've got a feeling Toler will step up well. At TE though i like the depth we have there in terms of blockers and have only the slightest concern about the catching side because i feel Patrick can be even more productive there this year but would've like to have added another catching TE as i dont have much confidence in Dominique Byrd.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ditto our main concerns lay in the WILB, SILB and second CB spot though i've got a feeling Toler will step up well. At TE though i like the depth we have there in terms of blockers and have only the slightest concern about the catching side because i feel Patrick can be even more productive there this year but would've like to have added another catching TE as i dont have much confidence in Dominique Byrd.

I actually really like Jim Dray and think that he could be a long-term answer there, but I don't think he gets the chance this season. I'm not sure that Ben Patrick is anything more than a long-term tease. He's show the ability to be a good player, but he's been injury prone and stupid for his entire career. Can he really be trusted for 16 games?

I like Anthony Becht as a blocker, but he doesn't offer much as a receiver.

We went into free agency and the draft as the team with the weakest TE corps in the NFL. We enter the season with... the weakest TE corps in the NFL. I expect that Leinart is going to be looking to the TE position way, way more frequently than Warner did, especially with Boldin not running a lot of the routes that are usually covered by tight ends.

But we'll see. I could live with having another year or terrible TEs if I had confidence that the defense could hold teams to 17 points a game. To get to that point, though, the defensive unit not only has to not take steps back, but take another step forward.

Monty

Reaction score
I actually really like Jim Dray and think that he could be a long-term answer there, but I don't think he gets the chance this season. I'm not sure that Ben Patrick is anything more than a long-term tease. He's show the ability to be a good player, but he's been injury prone and stupid for his entire career. Can he really be trusted for 16 games?

I like Anthony Becht as a blocker, but he doesn't offer much as a receiver.

We went into free agency and the draft as the team with the weakest TE corps in the NFL. We enter the season with... the weakest TE corps in the NFL. I expect that Leinart is going to be looking to the TE position way, way more frequently than Warner did, especially with Boldin not running a lot of the routes that are usually covered by tight ends.

But we'll see. I could live with having another year or terrible TEs if I had confidence that the defense could hold teams to 17 points a game. To get to that point, though, the defensive unit not only has to not take steps back, but take another step forward.

Of course my hope for further resurgence by Patrick is dependent on him being fit and staying clean which is not a given. I dont know much about Dray and havent seen much of him and cant comment on that. Like i said i believe the concern in terms of our TE's is on the receiving side as i do think we have good blocking depth with Becht and Spach and i could be wrong but i believe Dray is a good blocker as well. I would feel a lot more comfortable if we had a better receiving TE then Byrd but i'm not gonna loose any sleep over our TE situation.