2014/15 Greatest impact: Newcomers

Which of these newcomers will have the biggest impact on the team this coming season?

• Zoran Dragic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyler Ennis

• Anthony Tolliver

• other (player to be acquired later)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thomas is the obvious choice, because I do believe the Suns are serious about running a 2PG offense most of the time. Thomas will get 30+ minutes. He wouldn't have signed here otherwise. Some say he was just an insurance policy for Bledsoe, but I think the real insurance policy was Ennis, who will now probably spend most of the year in D-League. Thomas is likely to see his numbers drop from last year, but he will still be productive.

Warren is an interesting choice and would have been a clear-cut winner if not for the Thomas signing. Warren is the most NBA-ready rookie the Suns drafted in a long time, and he plays a front-court position where it will be much easier to get significant minutes. But his main contribution is scoring points, and to do that, he'll need the ball in his hands. So in many ways how well he gels with Thomas, a scoring PG but also a very good passer, in the second unit will largely determine his level of impact.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
no one wants to believe this, but i think we all know we're going to see us go super small for chunks at a time this season. they didn't pay Thomas that much to ride pine.

This. They're not quite there yet in the rebuilding process, lacking a truly talented big man. (Perhaps Markieff can blossom into one this season.) So I think we're going to see a ton of small lineups with the intention of running the other team out of the gym.

That's fine. It will be fun to watch. I can accept that they're not done with McD's building process. But this season is still going to be really entertaining IMO.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's fine. It will be fun to watch. I can accept that they're not done with McD's building process. But this season is still going to be really entertaining IMO.

If it's anything like last season, I'll have a blast. It IS lacking the surprise factor however. Last year was SUCH a breath of fresh air after the previous season.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thomas for me too. Loved the warren first pick for future. Great player

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thomas should have the biggest impact since he averaged 20 points & 6 assists a game last year, but he also did it as the primary ball handler in 35 minutes/game. The impact he'll be able to make will depend on how the Suns use him... if he ends up only getting 18-22 minutes off the bench in a backup role and is playing off the ball for a portion of that time then his stats might drop off pretty dramatically (10-12 ppg, 2-3 apg). If TJ proves he's worthy of consistent playing time then he could potentially put up those kinds of stats in 20 minutes/game (swapping assists with rebounds).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake