2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to make yourself less tradable.....

He's already said he didn't want to go to Toronto or Portland, two teams that have inquired about him, because he sees himself as a socialite and those markets don't appeal to him.

He wants to go to a California team. Unless the Sixers want Wiggins, it won't happen before the season. I'd say it won't happen at all but I wouldn't be shocked if the Westbrook/LeBron pairing tanks badly that Simmons and Westbrook switch places. That's a long shot but the only way he gets to an LA team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's already said he didn't want to go to Toronto or Portland, two teams that have inquired about him, because he sees himself as a socialite and those markets don't appeal to him.

He wants to go to a California team. Unless the Sixers want Wiggins, it won't happen before the season. I'd say it won't happen at all but I wouldn't be shocked if the Westbrook/LeBron pairing tanks badly that Simmons and Westbrook switch places. That's a long shot but the only way he gets to an LA team.

It's crazy but I saw the Kings as a rumored trade partner for Simmons and they have all those point guards in Fox, Haliburton and Mitchell.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The more I hear about Simmons the worse he sounds.

Dude is completely in denial about how the NBA views him and his game. He is lucky that any team would want him period with how badly he is underperforming his contract. If he is really that concerned about his social life - it makes sense why he has no jumper. Basketball is obviously just a job to him and not a passion.

Any team that trades for a guy on a max contract with that kind of an attitude is incompetent IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any team that trades for a guy on a max contract with that kind of an attitude is incompetent IMO.

Yep. I can live with his on court shortcomings, you can work around them and hopefully find ways to improve them over time. But his focus is not and never has been about winning. It appears he wants the life of a superstar but he doesn't want to put in the work. Someone will bite, despite his flaws he's a very tempting and still young player - fortunately we're not in a position to even consider being that stupid.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's crazy but I saw the Kings as a rumored trade partner for Simmons and they have all those point guards in Fox, Haliburton and Mitchell.

Simmons isn't a real PG and that's part of the problem. He's a more athletic version of Draymond Green except he's not a threat to shoot at all. He'll probably be a forward wherever he ends up. He won't control the offense as much as he is in Philly.

It's going to take a really creative coach to get max value out of him offensively.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons isn't a real PG and that's part of the problem. He's a more athletic version of Draymond Green except he's not a threat to shoot at all. He'll probably be a forward wherever he ends up. He won't control the offense as much as he is in Philly.

It's going to take a really creative coach to get max value out of him offensively.

I'd want Simmons to play power forward or center but I doubt he wants to do that.

I like the direction the Kings are headed so I wouldn't be upset if they gave up too much to get him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know, I think you have to play him as a point guard surrounded by outside shooters (all 4 of them). Wherever you put him, you have to hide him because he doesn't have the full set of skills for any spot. But at PG, one huge weakness notwithstanding, he excels at many of the skills needed.

The only other choice IMO is to make him your center. Regardless, if he doesn't solve his postseason free throw problems, you're going to have problems playing him in key situations.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cavaliers agree to one year non-guaranteed contract with Tacko Fall.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
CP3 1hr interview w Gilbert
just for anyone dying to get this season started.
Just finished the interview. He mentioned he tore ligaments when Pat Bev undercut him in game 5 of the WCF. Still wearing a protective component on his left wrist. I’ll always wonder if he was healthy but water under the bridge. Looking forward to getting this season started

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was wrong about Rondo making a difference for the Clippers. Westbrook and Rondo on the same team is just bizarre.

Lebron and Westbrook were already un-coachable, AD refuses to play the 5 full time and Rondo is in his own world. Good luck Frank.
I was under the impression that Rondo and Westbrook openly despise each other.

Practices should be fun with those two, they're also both masters of "side eying" their teammates.

Vegas should put out a line for the odds of the Lakers having a brawl with each other.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the rumored trade for Ben Simmons the Kings don't want to offer up Fox or Haliburton. I hope the 76ers hold out for one of those.

By Jason Anderson Updated August 31, 2021 05:54 PM, The Sacramento Bee:

The 76ers were widely believed to be holding out for a chance to acquire Damian Lillard from the Portland Trail Blazers, but Lillard recently said he isn’t leaving Portland, “not right now at least.” As for Sacramento, sources have suggested the 76ers would only be willing to consider an offer that includes De’Aaron Fox or Tyrese Haliburton. The Kings are unlikely to part with either player, but they can offer Buddy Hield, a prolific 3-point shooter who would space the floor for Joel Embiid; Marvin Bagley III, a former No. 2 pick who has yet to reach his potential; and other assets, including multiple first-round draft picks.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article253895548.html#storylink=cpy

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some COVID restrictions around the NBA are tightening even for players in certain locations.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Millsap agrees to deal with Nets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like an incentive to get vaccinated.

Sources indicate fully vaccinated players and personnel may not have to go through regular coronavirus testing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LaMarcus Aldridge has been medically cleared to return to NBA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Millsap agrees to sign for the veteran minimum with the Nets so it's a really good deal for Brooklyn.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were reports the Suns were making a run at him too.

I didn't read the reports but for the veteran minimum it's a steal.

If the Suns wanted Millsap enough, they had the partial MLE remaining so they could have paid more.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Millsap was out of the Nuggets rotation by the end of the playoffs and had a horrible series against us. I think the veteran minimum is the most he was worth. Decent for Brooklyn I suppose. He's just ring chasing at this point and they don't play defense.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aldridge wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't be hyped for signing him but I like that a lot more than some other names that have been suggested.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't think Aldridge is the Suns primary target but they have been infatuated with him in the past so it's possible they still like him.

The last time I saw Aldridge play it looked like his game was mostly as an outside shooter but the stats don't support that.

If the Suns wanted to sign him for the minimum I wouldn't object. Some of these players have gas left in the tank when they land with the right team.

Also this would not limit the Suns from making a trade later in the season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05