2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too lazy to find it, what did we end up getting in total for Will Anderson? I know PJJ but with the trades after I'm not clear what the final result was.

PJJ is good, I think Will is looking outstanding this year, he can get after the QB and he's good against the run. I would have taken Will but if you replay it and don't make the deal not clear to me who we would have at either T spot now so probably best we made the move

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
@Russ Smith

Here are the details of the original trade (see below).
We then traded up to #6 to get Paris (I think we gave up #33 to do it).

Someone might have more details but high level:

Will Anderson for

Paris Johnson Jr
Darius Robinson (2024 1st round pick)
Elijah Jones (2024 3rd round pick)

I think we also have to discuss the gamble. EVERYONE at the time of trade thought Houston's pick they traded us would be top 5 to top 10.
CJ Stroud over performed for a rookie. I would have still taken that bet 10/10 times.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith

Here are the details of the original trade (see below).
We then traded up to #6 to get Paris (I think we gave up #33 to do it).

Someone might have more details but high level:

Will Anderson for

Paris Johnson Jr
Darius Robinson (2024 1st round pick)
Elijah Jones (2024 3rd round pick)

I think we also have to discuss the gamble. EVERYONE at the time of trade thought Houston's pick they traded us would be top 5 to top 10.
CJ Stroud over performed for a rookie. I would have still taken that bet 10/10 times.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks. If Darius turns out to be good and I think he will that's probably a good trade.

Again the key is they IMO we wouldn't have an NFL starter caliber player at either T spot if we hadn't gotten Paris. I think they knew they were moving on from Hump so they made the deal with that in mind.

We haven't really seen Elijah Jones yet so no idea how good he is but for the future hopefully he can play.

I watched a bunch of one of the Texans games, Will Anderson is as good as I thought he'd be, he's good against the run, he's a force in pass rush, they were doubling him regularly. He plays every play hard, but I think we probably made the right move getting Paris.

And yes, when we made the trade nobody thought Houston would win that many games.