2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I was going to abstain from this thread but it's still pretty stupid. He's played about 1/3 of his rookie year and asked to be #1 target and has teams game planning for him. He's going against bigger, stronger, faster DB's as the #1 option and adjusting. It's going to be a process.

I agree the drop on the last drive was ridiculous and needs to be caught. But now, he's "not a dog" or passive. You guys know nothing about his personality on, or off, the field. I also agree that having a legit veteran, someone for the defense to focus on, opposite of him would have been a big help. But that's not the case. He didn't start at OSU as a freshman. In fact, barely was factor until the bowl game against Utah. Then exploded year 2.

The weird thing I've noticed is when he's pretty open, Murray seems to not see him but when he's in close quarters, Murray targets him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That's not what your statement was.
Open it up to all positions. Please name all the players of late that show that a lot of players have been considered generational. I'm genuinely curious where you're getting this from.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lmao there's 3-4 "generational talents" every single draft.

Joe Alt recently, Kyle Pitts & Bijan Robinson. Leonard Fournette, Trevor Lawrence, Noah Fant, Kyler Murray, Trent Richardson, Andrew Luck, Chase Young, Saquan, Reggie Bush

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to abstain from this thread but it's still pretty stupid. He's played about 1/3 of his rookie year and asked to be #1 target and has teams game planning for him. He's going against bigger, stronger, faster DB's as the #1 option and adjusting. It's going to be a process.

I agree the drop on the last drive was ridiculous and needs to be caught. But now, he's "not a dog" or passive. You guys know nothing about his personality on, or off, the field. I also agree that having a legit veteran, someone for the defense to focus on, opposite of him would have been a big help. But that's not the case. He didn't start at OSU as a freshman. In fact, barely was factor until the bowl game against Utah. Then exploded year 2.

The weird thing I've noticed is when he's pretty open, Murray seems to not see him but when he's in close quarters, Murray targets him.

how is a thread about our first pick stupid?

He's currently on pace for 41 catches and over 700 yards. not horrible but not 4th overall pick best WR in the draft handed the top WR spot good.

Again one of the things that really caught me last night was how Orlovsky kept saying we needed to put Marv in the slot more because that's where he's most effective, we didn't draft him 4th overall and make him the X receiver, to line up in the slot. I have no issue with moving him around but 7 games in if we're having to put him in the slot to get him open that's a little concerning.

He was being covered by a rookie most of last night, they had safety help yes but other than the one play where he was wide open but Kyler was running for his life, and one high throw by Kyler too high for Marv, there wasn't too many he's open and didn't get the ball plays. Even the one that Conner dropped where Dan O wanted it to go to Marv, he was really that much more open than Conner and the throw to Conner was a much easier throw, he just dropped it.

For this offense to get better we need big plays, the guys we were counting on to provide that from the draft, Marv and Benson, aren't doing it.

I watched one of those QB analysis channels today while waiting at the doctors office and they were saying the same thing, the fact that they're moving him into the slot to get favorable matchups has to be concerning, you expected him to be able to win 1 on 1 outside, and even against doubles sometimes that was something everyone said in college he's being doubled more than anybody and still always open.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Lmao there's 3-4 "generational talents" every single draft.

Joe Alt recently, Kyle Pitts & Bijan Robinson. Leonard Fournette, Trevor Lawrence, Noah Fant, Kyler Murray, Trent Richardson, Andrew Luck, Chase Young, Saquan, Reggie Bush
This list is your evidence of 3-4 players being labeled generational talents every single draft? Lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan