2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last paragraph doesn’t get enough discussion around here. The offense looks to be in deep doo doo as it’s built around an aging runningback as it’s motor. We aren’t “building” anything.
It'll be like if the Suns drafted Luka and said yea he's gotta figure it out off the ball first. Then we'll put the ball in his hands.

Then why did you draft Luka?

*sorry for the painful reminder Suns fans*

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AJ Green was on fire the first 10 or so games of 2021. If he was 1 on 1 Kyler would chuck it up and Green would Moss someone for a big play.
Yea AJ Green was really good. In fact in that Rams game we lost he was crushing. He just suddenly got washed the moment DHOP got hurt. Never seen anything like it.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
MHJ will translate. This passing offense is awful for multiple reasons. I just find it funny that people fail to acknowledge that DHopkins is the only WR Kyler has clicked with in his entire nfl career. No WR is doing well…seems like it might be something more than the WRs.

(None of this means MHJ doesn’t need to play better)
Kyler and Christian Kirk were quite good

i think his departure after 2021 was an underrated factor in the offense regressing in 2022

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry this just isn't true. Nabers has had games of 7 catches 66 yards, 10 catches 127 yards and a TD, 8 catches 78 yards 2 TDs, 12 catches 115 yards and easily his worst game of 4 catches for 41 yards. He has been good in virtually every game this year.

And if we play that game Marv has had exactly one good quarter, the first against the Rams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MHJ will translate. This passing offense is awful for multiple reasons. I just find it funny that people fail to acknowledge that DHopkins is the only WR Kyler has clicked with in his entire nfl career. No WR is doing well…seems like it might be something more than the WRs.

(None of this means MHJ doesn’t need to play better)

Christian Kirk on line 1.

I would also add, D Hop and Kirk were really the only WR's that have played with Kyler on the Cards who were good players at their peak. AJ Green was a shell of himself, we haven't had anybody else who was any good play with him. Isabella is trying to make a roster as are others. Not saying Kyler is elite or anything but it's not like Wr's who didn't play well with Kyler went somewhere else and became stars. Even Kirk for all the see it was Kylers fault, had only 1 good year in Jax and that was basically a half season once teams adjusted to how Jax was using him he went back to the same guy he was here.

I think Marv will be a good WR, maybe a great one, but I can't recall a single person saying he was going to struggle as a rookie. Anybody that plays fantasy football knows how high he was ranked there as the #1 guy, experts all over were saying he was the most pro ready WR to come in since Chase, he's not even the most pro ready rookie WR this year let alone in several years.

Definitely some of it is Kylers' fault but there IS a reason Kyler doesn't trust him and force him the ball like he did Hop, because Marv has more drops in the first 7 games of his career than Hop had his entire time in Arizona.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJ Green was broken down and washed when he came here, putting up back to 700/500 yard seasons and he had 848 yards in his first year. Sorry man… that’s clicking.
Interestingly... Green had 43 targets, 29 receptions (67% catch rate), 456 yards, and 3 TDs in the 8 games through the infamous Green Bay game in 2021. After that, he had 49 targets, 25 receptions (51% catch rate), 392 yards, and 0 TDs. And in all of 2022 he had 47 targets, 24 receptions (51% catch rate), 236 yards, and 0 TDs.

Seems as though Murray's, AJ Green's, and Kingsbury's career trajectories all changed that night. Green's catch rate went from 67% to 51% and he never caught another TD after having 3 in the first 6 games of 2021.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Remember back in the day ( Don't remember if it was an interview or an article ) how Warner, Fitz and Boldin talked about how they would stay after practice ( Sometimes even a few hours ) and just practice as a group. Then other recievers started staying, and it showed on the field " That's for sure ". It might be something as simple as that ! ! ! It does seem like good advice for those guys right now considering what they look like on game day.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a good point by Brady. Are we actively getting him the ball in practice? Is Kyler aware if MHJ has went long stretches of practice of him not getting the ball. If he knows he's not getting the ball much in practice does he really know if he's getting the ball in games?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If we're a draft and develop team then we need to focus on the developing part.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m feeling pretty done with Petzing at this point. I get the impression he thinks he’s the smartest person in the room. He is playing lip service to people saying he needs to get MHJ involved more… hence the play to him in the first series then not going his way again for ages.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
eh 56 yards/game verses 43 yards/game after a single season.
guess we disagree. 29 more catches, double the TD's(6/3) and 343 more yards is a pretty decent gap to me. Wilson was closer to Rondale Moore last year than Tee Higgins as a rookie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan