Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne rejoins Mikal in New York as he signs for 1 year with the Knicks. Would have rather had him than Lee here.

I like Cam P's personality and he's a great backup PG when all is right in his world. But he's just not dependable with his frequent injuries and how poorly he returns even from minor injuries so I'd rather not have to count on him again. I'd absolutely take him over Lee though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Cam P's personality and he's a great backup PG when all is right in his world. But he's just not dependable with his frequent injuries and how poorly he returns even from minor injuries so I'd rather not have to count on him again. I'd absolutely take him over Lee though.

He struggled that last year here but so did virtually everyone else. I think Payne is a solid backup and if he's only receiving the minimum then he's well worth the cost.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I think Lee and Roddy are the measuring stick, especially when the Suns could use those two spots for depth at other positions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He struggled that last year here but so did virtually everyone else. I think Payne is a solid backup and if he's only receiving the minimum then he's well worth the cost.

Payne should have been the third point guard in recent seasons, but he has huge upside in that role.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges is expected to sign a team friendly extension with the Knicks.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges is expected to sign a team friendly extension with the Knicks.

When the new cba came, I asked a while back in some thread Idr, when will players start taking pay cuts to get other players on the team. Seems like Brunson started things.

Also did LBJ take a slight pay cut so that Bronny could get his 8M? Was that the underlying plan, that Lebron takes slightly less since they gave bronny his contract. Seems like an under the table type of deal.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the new cba came, I asked a while back in some thread Idr, when will players start taking pay cuts to get other players on the team. Seems like Brunson started things.

Also did LBJ take a slight pay cut so that Bronny could get his 8M? Was that the underlying plan, that Lebron takes slightly less since they gave bronny his contract. Seems like an under the table type of deal.

I agree with Brunson but LeBron didn't take a discount. He held up the Lakers for all he could. Bronnie got his guarantee for his dad to return but there was no discount from either. Since Bronnie was a 2nd round pick the Lakers were able to offer up to a certain amount and he got all that.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I agree with Brunson but LeBron didn't take a discount. He held up the Lakers for all he could. Bronnie got his guarantee for his dad to return but there was no discount from either. Since Bronnie was a 2nd round pick the Lakers were able to offer up to a certain amount and he got all that.
He took a very small paycut to keep Lakers below the 2nd apron, which of course, wouldn't have been an issue if not for the Bronny contract (Bronny is getting ~2m a year, Lebron giving back ~1.5m a year):

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you have scouts, this is what happens.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's always some other team. The Bucks sign Gary Trent Jr.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Ouch. "Starting?" Yeah, there was never going to be a scenario where that was even close to a possibility with the Suns. So don't blame Trent one bit.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You gotta be more realistic.

"Hey Gary Trent, want to come here, get buried behind Booker, Beal and Allen, and get paid half of what you would elsewhere?!"

Anyone who has a chance to be a starter somewhere or make more than the league minimum is basically out of the question for us.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

"Hey Gary Trent, want to come here, get buried behind Booker, Beal and Allen, and get paid half of what you would elsewhere?!"

Anyone who has a chance to be a starter somewhere or make more than the league minimum is basically out of the question for us.
It's all about the starter role, I believe Milwaukee is in a similar boat as we are -- can only offer minimum contracts.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bucks are stocking up on talent, not so much the Suns. We all know how the Suns got here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are things worth complaining about and there are things that are not.

There was zero shot of us signing Trent Jr, he wasn't going to come here and get buried, he plays the one position we have tons of depth at.

The Suns weren't getting Gary Trent, but the dye was cast two seasons ago. It's not just one player.

Actually, it started even before in the 2021 draft.

My frustration is with James Jones and the financial and player personnel decisions made and the assets given up in the Durant trade.

Now the Suns are overpaying Okogie and O'Neale trying to compensate for a series of bad decisions.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns weren't getting Gary Trent, but the dye was cast two seasons ago. It's not just one player.

Actually, it started even before in the 2021 draft.

My frustration is with James Jones and the financial and player personnel decisions made and the assets given up in the Durant trade.

Now the Suns are overpaying Okogie and O'Neale trying to compensate for a series of bad decisions.
You should take a look at both those signings again. They are both very smart and very shrewd decisions and give us a lot more flexibility as a 2nd apron team.