2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, JJ took the job after NOT being the top choice. That's a big come down for his ego.

I don't think his ego is that bruised from a successful college coach getting an offer first. JJ got paid to cut his teeth coaching in LaLaLand. He'll be fired in 2 years but he'll make a mint restarting his podcast and dishing dirt from Lebron's final years as a player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The owners clearly won the new CBA agreement. I'm not sure if there are any options other than to dissolve the union or accept the consequences.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The owners clearly won the new CBA agreement. I'm not sure if there are any options other than to dissolve the union or accept the consequences.

Not sure why it's a shocker the players agreed to it. From what I heard on the radio a driving force was to give players playing in smaller markets a shot at an NBA title. Only a small portion of the players play for Lakers, Celtics, Knicks for example.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Not sure why it's a shocker the players agreed to it. From what I heard on the radio a driving force was to give players playing in smaller markets a shot at an NBA title. Only a small portion of the players play for Lakers, Celtics, Knicks for example.
Off to a bad start then!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My understanding the players agreed to it was because the NBA owners were pushing for a hard cap. I think they should have pushed back harder.

It looks more and more like a hard cap every day. Maybe revenue increases will help down the road, but it remains to be seen how it plays out.

I bet a lot of players playing for the veteran minimum must be scratching their heads.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Reportedly, the Trail Blazers have interest in a couple of centers in the draft with their lottery picks.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
i have a feeling that is going to be one of those future poison contracts.
I'm guessing there will be a lot of those in upcoming years. Every team is going to have to sell someone (or multiple "someones") as the "face of the franchise" to keep their fanbase minimally engaged.

So expect a lot of teams giving bad extensions to moderately talented younger players coming off rookie contracts. And then one or two seasons later, the same teams trying desperately to dump those contracts when the players who got them hit their ceiling of mediocrity.

Just wait, it's going to be an epidemic in a couple more years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulls apparently have no confidence in him and are trying to buy him out.
I read that over the weekend and the Giddy trade was the pair with White and let them share ballhandling.

On a side note how bad was the 2020 draft. The Bulls extended a qualifying offer today and for the #4 pick is bad. There were 4 total players that are good, along with maybe 15 role player's.