2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Trading Mikal and Cam was a dealbreaker for me. 1 young talent? Ok, 2 and every pick we could legally deal? Why not throw in Crowder, whose value was low at that point because of JJ's idiocy. Brooklyn immediately turned him into 5 2nd round picks, IIRC. There wasn't a single concession made by Brooklyn. The final deal was worse than the rumored deals during the off-season. Brooklyn had much less leverage than the Suns as well. JJ was taken to school but I really don't think he learned from it.
The picks were what bugged me. And I attribute that to James Jones being nonchalant (and even contemptuous) of drafting... and arrogantly believing he's smarter than everyone else in front offices around the league who knows that the best way to improve your team without overwhelming your payroll is to build diligently with good drafts.

It's the same bad philosophy (and arrogance) that has haunted the franchise all throughout Sarver's (and D'Antoni and assorted other's) days of running the front office.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of his caliber? Who else was clamoring to come here? What other Superstar was there for us to trade for where the other ownership side was willing as well? Plugging Superstars into trade machines doesn't make it feasible.

Three superstars look to be a thing of the past. Having two star players and upper echelon depth, going at least 8 deep, may be the way to go.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
However, the Suns had all their draft picks and assets to trade if they hadn't locked onto a one-sided trade.

Kevin Durant wasn't the only fish in the sea.

I didn’t care about giving up picks in the KD trade but you have to leave yourself enough players to win now in a win now trade. It should have been Bridges/Crowder/non-Cam filler and picks or just call their bluff and wait until the next offseason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t care about giving up picks in the KD trade but you have to leave yourself enough players to win now in a win now trade. It should have been Bridges/Crowder/non-Cam filler and picks or just call their bluff and wait until the next offseason.

Bridges was always off the table for me in the Durant trade, but I understand your thinking.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Exactly.

We were left with a roster that was well short of contention with almost no avenues to significantly improve it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said he was a cancer. I'm not making that up.

Without talking about Brooklyn or OKC, tell me one instance where he's been on the Suns where he was a cancer.

If his past is that big of a problem for you and others, don't forget to throw Grayson Allen into that same bucket as well.

Huh? Where did I say you made something up?

As for here, he’s already had no shortage of his strange passive aggressive behavior and comments, and a few games where he seemingly just flat out quit. The Christmas game in particular was disgraceful.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Huh? Where did I say you made something up?

As for here, he’s already had no shortage of his strange passive aggressive behavior and comments, and a few games where he seemingly just flat out quit. The Christmas game in particular was disgraceful.
Passive aggressive = cancer. Got it. Christmas game was disgraceful across the board, but since you like singling people out in the hopes of supporting your flimsy insults, then more power to you.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Passive aggressive = cancer. Got it. Christmas game was disgraceful across the board, but since you like singling people out in the hopes of supporting your flimsy insults, then more power to you.

huh...