2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are going to see teams cutting down their roster. It could be someone interesting gets waived.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Thunder waive former Arizona player, center Chase Jeter.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lonzo is apparently finally healthy and expected to be play when the season starts.

He's been playing at the UCLA open runs for a bit now and everyone says he looks good. But you wonder for how long, guy just can't stay healthy

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea how good the Warriors will be but it's going to be one of my favorite rosters in awhile. aside from Curry they will again have GP2 a personal favorite. 2 UCLA guys in Looney and added Kyle anderson. And they added DeAnthony Melton who I've always liked.

As always the key will be can they stay healthy they still have a bunch of older guys like Steph, Draymond and now Buddy Hield.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am always intrigued when teams cut down their roster. Sometimes a useable player becomes available.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zach Edey is going to be a load for a defender to handle down low.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
No idea how good the Warriors will be but it's going to be one of my favorite rosters in awhile. aside from Curry they will again have GP2 a personal favorite. 2 UCLA guys in Looney and added Kyle anderson. And they added DeAnthony Melton who I've always liked.

It's amazing to me that Melton has stuck around. He's a second-round pick who started with the Suns (came over from the Rockets in a draft-day trade) and didn't show anything in his one year in Phoenix. Statistically, he still doesn't do anything well, but somehow he's going to make $12.8 million this season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing to me that Melton has stuck around. He's a second-round pick who started with the Suns (came over from the Rockets in a draft-day trade) and didn't show anything in his one year in Phoenix. Statistically, he still doesn't do anything well, but somehow he's going to make $12.8 million this season.

He's a good defender and a good team player. So far in preseason he's shooting the ball quite well, will that continue is anybody's guess. I think they got him as insurance because Payton has been hurt much of the last few years and they wanted to have another really good defender for that reason.

I agree about the salary but then NBA salaries are crazy as it is.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

I anticipated such. That's why I was really hoping he could somehow have lasted until the Suns pick... he would have pretty much instantly solved our interior size issue. Of course, after he shot up people's draft boards, that was that.

As a sidebar, anyone who still doesn't think size and post play is going to be a big trend in the NBA soon isn't paying attention.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He showed flashes as a credible role player here and was pissed when they threw him in the Jackson deal. Solid player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is the BIG IF team in the league. IF they can stay healthy and IF Ja's got his head screwed on tight, they could make the jump right back to the top of the West.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Grizzlies agree to a four-year contract with Scottie Pippen Jr.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug McDermott will sign a one year deal with the Kings.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a bit perplexing Montrezl Harrell is not playing in the NBA at age 30. He may yet get an opportunity.

He was out last season with an injury (ACL) and his stats were down the previous season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a bit perplexing Montrezl Harrell is not playing in the NBA at age 30. He may yet get an opportunity.

He was out last season with an injury (ACL) and his stats were down the previous season.

Teams got rid of him as soon as they acquired him. Maybe some character issues.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams got rid of him as soon as they acquired him. Maybe some character issues.

This is a possibility, but I've never read anything to this effect. One wonders why he didn't stay with a team longer. He might have been with the Clippers the longest.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a possibility, but I've never read anything to this effect. One wonders why he didn't stay with a team longer. He might have been with the Clippers the longest.
He's a locker room cancer who isn't talented enough for teams to want to put up with his attitude.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harrell was arrested for pot a few seasons back. I know legalities are sketchy with some states being legal, some legal with RX, and others not. I don't take issue with anyone smoking in their free time from my personal perspective but I'm also not cutting a 7 figure paycheck to someone who can't or won't cover their own self in that regard either. I can see why he doesn't have a roster spot. At 30, he's not going to become more than he was either so there's no more upside to bank on, especially after an ACL tear.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22