2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a locker room cancer who isn't talented enough for teams to want to put up with his attitude.
Harrell was arrested for pot a few seasons back. I know legalities are sketchy with some states being legal, some legal with RX, and others not. I don't take issue with anyone smoking in their free time from my personal perspective but I'm also not cutting a 7 figure paycheck to someone who can't or won't cover their own self in that regard either. I can see why he doesn't have a roster spot. At 30, he's not going to become more than he was either so there's no more upside to bank on, especially after an ACL tear.

Montrezl Harrell was a good player with the Clippers a few years back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zach Edey is going to be a load for a defender to handle down low.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I am really curious to know if this will even work anymore.

With teams shooting so many 3's and having a lot of 40% shooters, this dude would almost have to shoot 70% to make this effective.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really curious to know if this will even work anymore.

With teams shooting so many 3's and having a lot of 40% shooters, this dude would almost have to shoot 70% to make this effective.

There is always a demand for inside defenders, scorers and rebounders at the center spot. It keeps defenses honest.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix will open the season at the Clippers.

The Suns will catch a break of sorts with Kawhi Leonard out.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't feel right waiving someone named Charlie Brown.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Boogie Ellis gets waived by the Kings.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet of the Knicks is out for the start of the season with a dislocated shoulder.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matisse Thybulle of the Trail Blazers is expected to miss 3–4 weeks. He had a procedure done on his right knee.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The video of the injury looked pretty brutal.

I don't think he's a very good basketball player but I felt a little bad he became a whipping boy because Monty loved him. That shouldn't be a negative to fans. His play is fair game though when criticizing.

That's a gnarly injury. He should bounce back if it was only dislocated without any tissue damage but he could be mentally cooked going forward, like Zarko and Fortson. Shamet is a borderline talent now so he doesn't have to make a significant drop to fall out of the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's a very good basketball player but I felt a little bad he became a whipping boy because Monty loved him. That shouldn't be a negative to fans. His play is fair game though when criticizing.

That's a gnarly injury. He should bounce back if it was only dislocated without any tissue damage but he could be mentally cooked going forward, like Zarko and Fortson. Shamet is a borderline talent now so he doesn't have to make a significant drop to fall out of the league.

Even worse, it could cost Landry Shamet a spot with the Knicks.