2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like Monty Williams will be coaching high school basketball, where his son is a student.

This should be a good fit and where he will be happy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Good for him. He is a good coach and may find he works best with teenagers versus rich 20 and 30 somethings. It seems his issues stem from trying mold the character of those who played for him in the NBA while that will be more of a plus in a high school.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think BPA is usually the right approach when drafting but not for rounding out a roster. Fit becomes even more important than actual talent when you're talking about the end of bench players. Nothing wrecks a team faster than locker room problems and nothing creates more locker room problems than disgruntled players. To be clear, I'm not saying this about Lonnie Walker specifically as I have no idea what kind of a fit he'd be in Phoenix. Nor am I suggesting that talent doesn't matter for those final spots, it just shouldn't be the only consideration.
Its also most important when you are putting together the final pieces for a championship team--even if those final pieces are starters. The five best players on your team are not always the best unit to put on the floor. Sometimes you even trade a better player for a lesser player who has the specific skills necessary to make the team better.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eurohoops makes a stat comparison of Lebron James and Luka Doncic during their first six years in the NBA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And then there is defense . . . .

And with that, LeBron is still the better player.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Year 6 Lebron vs year 6 Luka is a joke. Stats can say whatever they want but there isn't a GM that would sign off on trading LeBron for Luka, period. Even now I think the Mavs would consider the swap. Luka is great and he's competing with Jokic now to be the Euro in NBA history, which is crazy considering how good Dirk was. LeBron is on another level and trying to surpass MJ as the GOAT. If you don't put LeBron in top 3 all time then you're biased. I won't get into the headache he is off the court because that's irrelevant to the discussion.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22