2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs seemed favorable to it when we Giannis did it to us in the Finals. Too soon?

That was minimal contact. Book does the same thing to create contact.

Giannis was running ppl over in the finals.

I thought Giannis lowering his shoulder into defenders in the Finals was a foul too. When he is allowed to do this, he is almost impossible to guard.

Luka runs people over as well, using his shoulder to clear space.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Not close to an offensive foul however PJ traveled on the catch and shoot.
he did! that would have been the funniest travel call I've ever seen. definitely not an offensive foul on doncic. I think he leaned in to sell the fake. too bad dak Prescott can't do that to hit an open guy.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I thought Giannis lowering his shoulder into defenders in the Finals was a foul too. When he is allowed to do this, he is almost impossible to guard.

Luka runs people over as well, using his shoulder to clear space.
I agree about both players lowering their shoulder into people. that wasn't a play where an offensive foul should have been called. the more important observation of the night for me is that the spurs still suck and Klay Thompson hit six 3 point shots.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about both players lowering their shoulder into people. that wasn't a play where an offensive foul should have been called. the more important observation of the night for me is that the spurs still suck and Klay Thompson hit six 3 point shots.

I'm thinking you have been watching Luka get away with this stuff, much too much. :)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm thinking you have been watching Luka get away with this stuff, much too much. :)
well I've also seen him get fouled 20 times in a game and not get many calls. he plays to contact so I'm surprised he doesn't get more offensive fouls. you know dirk and shaq both used to drill people in their post up game. dirk kind of cheated because he would throw his body in and then fade away. I think offensive players adapt to being more aggressive when defenders body them to defend.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I've also seen him get fouled 20 times in a game and not get many calls. he plays to contact so I'm surprised he doesn't get more offensive fouls. you know dirk and shaq both used to drill people in their post up game. dirk kind of cheated because he would throw his body in and then fade away. I think offensive players adapt to being more aggressive when defenders body them to defend.

If Luka had simply driven into Wembanyama without lowering his shoulder, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Wembanyama was not set.

It's the lowering of a shoulder into the defender to clear space is what I consider an offensive foul.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If Luka had simply driven into Wembanyama without lowering his shoulder, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Wembanyama was not set.

It's the lowering of a shoulder into the defender to clear space is what I consider an offensive foul.
yeah and it was a good fake by doncic to freeze the defense. he's a smart player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan