2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You might as well apply that to Trevor Lawrence as well who looked awful until Pederson came in to save him. He still looks just above average to me (although still signs of being elite one day), but helps with the organization much improved.
Lawrence got his mulligan.

This is year three. Fields is out of mulligans.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lawrence got his mulligan.

This is year three. Fields is out of mulligans.
That has nothing to do with Caleb Williams. Im responding moreso to prospects able to handle losing. TLAW was generational and still looked awful until the right people were in place. We can say the Fields warning could be for anyone. Not just particularly Caleb Williams.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That has nothing to do with Caleb Williams. Im responding moreso to prospects able to handle losing. TLAW was generational and still looked awful until the right people were in place. We can say the Fields warning could be for anyone. Not just particularly Caleb Williams.
I think there is a reason that guys on lesser teams end up being better in the NFL. It's almost a paradigm in scouting. Guys at lesser schools deal with a lot more adversity.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Assuming either Murray looks like a great fit or the Cards have only one top 5 pick, here’s a name to know. Jer’Zhan Newton plays DT for Illinois and he will anchor a DL for years to come. If the Cards don’t take a QB and use their top pick on a WR, they could do worse than getting an impact player for their DL. This guy is a force in the middle. He’s creating more pancakes than Ihop. He has one of the best motors in college ball and shows incredible agility. He’s not the ideal size, but he makes all the plays and penetrates better than his competition. The Cards could likely move down some and still get him, but he probably won’t last until round 2. At this point he’s just a name to watch, but the Cards must improve their DL to move forward.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Trey Lance and Zach Wilson are what we should strive for.
Trey Lance was at a D2 powerhouse. So, it applies to him as well. Zach Wilson had one good year, his last one. Drake Maye's one good year is already better than Wilson's best and it is still early this year.

I don't understand the defensiveness of Caleb Williams. He is a very good prospect. Some people are just leery of him. It doesn't mean he isn't a good prospect. Caleb and Drake and Pennix can all be good prospects.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trey Lance was at a D2 powerhouse. So, it applies to him as well. Zach Wilson had one good year, his last one. Drake Maye's one good year is already better than Wilson's best and it is still early this year.

I don't understand the defensiveness of Caleb Williams. He is a very good prospect. Some people are just leery of him. It doesn't mean he isn't a good prospect. Caleb and Drake and Pennix can all be good prospects.
Its his traits and measurables that had people projecting big things for him. I kinda feel like if Howell was allowed to throw more he probably puts up similar big passing #s in that offense. Zach Wilson was loved by people for cutting it up at BYU.

We know how this goes though. One or two really good prospects is gonna bust.

I dont see Maye busting, but if he's struggling to get a 2 to 1 TD/int ratio by midseason in college then sound the alarm.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is impressive what Maye did with the volume of throws he did last year.
2024 but wow!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I remember thinking he was crazy for not going to OU. That first year was kinda rocky, but looks like he's got it rolling now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
FWIW, I think that the big school/small school thing is less important than how many games you start in college. It's kind of a chicken and egg situation, but it's been well proven across big schools and small that if you only start a season in college, you're a riskier draft pick.

Big schools tend to have five-star type recruits who have a big season and are drawn to the League, and (at least until NIL) have another five-star behind him who's been running Spring Practice games for two years and ready to go as a Redshirt Junior.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

Pennix has slipped a little plus despite some successful examples, some scouts don’t like left-handed QBs. Some WRs have trouble with them.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Vikings will be trading up for a QB. Denver is stuck with Russ for at least two more years. I don’t envision Minny picking top-5.
I envision Minny trading for a QB and drafting one, too. Depending on who they trade for will determine how high of a pick they use in the draft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Vikings will be trading up for a QB. Denver is stuck with Russ for at least two more years. I don’t envision Minny picking top-5.

I dunno. They're already 0-2 and they play the NFC South + AFC West. I think it'll take over 3.5 wins to take you out of the top 5 in the draft, and the Vikes don't have a lot of softballs on their schedule besides Carolina and Chicago x2.

I know they won 13 games last season, but their expected W/L was closer to a 8-9 team. They might've gotten worse in free agency trying to get right under the cap. Teams choose to be bad or they have a terrible injury. I think the Vikes chose the purgatory many here are worried about. But it wouldn't shock me if they're in the top five.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I dunno. They're already 0-2 and they play the NFC South + AFC West. I think it'll take over 3.5 wins to take you out of the top 5 in the draft, and the Vikes don't have a lot of softballs on their schedule besides Carolina and Chicago x2.

I know they won 13 games last season, but their expected W/L was closer to a 8-9 team. They might've gotten worse in free agency trying to get right under the cap. Teams choose to be bad or they have a terrible injury. I think the Vikes chose the purgatory many here are worried about. But it wouldn't shock me if they're in the top five.
I would be shocked it Vikings were in top 5, cousins is under rated and an effective QB. Vikings may trade up for a QB, so if they want to package a few 1st rounds picks and Danielle Hunter to us, id be interested.