2024 Free Agency thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It’s not really. I don’t think Jerry Hughes brings more juice as a situational pass rusher than Gardeck does. You need to get Ojulari reps to see how urgent the need for a pass rusher is in 2025, and you have Gardeck.
Texans paid Hughes 5 mil last year to play 37.8% of snaps. They had Greenard and Will Anderson. Hughes got 3 sacks. Our EDGE room is going to potentially have Dimukeje and Luketa in it.

I guess I am less concerned about the growth and development of those players and am more concerned with ensuring basic competence is in the rotation. It's one year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
At some point, it might help to have an adult in the room at the position, especially since we have money and it wouldn't likely require more than a 1 year deal.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Texans paid Hughes 5 mil last year to play 37.8% of snaps. They had Greenard and Will Anderson. Hughes got 3 sacks. Our EDGE room is going to potentially have Dimukeje and Luketa in it.

I guess I am less concerned about the growth and development of those players and am more concerned with ensuring basic competence is in the rotation. It's one year.
I think Dimukeje can do better than that. He had 4 sacks on less snaps and is probably a lot more spry at this point.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bottom line is that the Cards will still have a weakness at the pass rush position this season. It was one of the worst drafts for an edge rusher and very few good ones hit free agency. Cards IMO filled lot of holes in the off season and hopefully they will be able to overcome this weakness.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The bottom line is that the Cards will still have a weakness at the pass rush position this season. It was one of the worst drafts for an edge rusher and very few good ones hit free agency. Cards IMO filled lot of holes in the off season and hopefully they will be able to overcome this weakness.
Every team has weaknesses...at least you can scheme pressure

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Three things seem true about our pass defense this season.
1. DB's seem better.
2. DL should be better against the run, making for fewer 3rd and short situations. And thus at least knowing that it will be a pass play.
3. Our pretty good run offense should become our very good run offense. Keeping our defense off the field.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Cards have been trying to fix this forever.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I actually do not think that any more free agent signings are planned for the Cardinals, because it would basicly mess up the long term plan.

At corner and edge there is a lot of unproven talent and it's hard to argue that there is a player available that would make the team significantly better and so good the outcome is better than the existing player AND developing that player.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure about this
Don't have stats to back up this opinion, but with Kyler back last year it seemed that we finished the year running the ball pretty well. Since then we used three third round picks on an OG, RB and a blocking TE. For that reason I feel confident in expecting a VG running game, this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't have stats to back up this opinion, but with Kyler back last year it seemed that we finished the year running the ball pretty well. Since then we used three third round picks on an OG, RB and a blocking TE. For that reason I feel confident in expecting a VG running game, this year.
We had a VG running game last year. There isn’t much room to max it out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman