2024 NBA Draft Thread

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Grizzlies take

Zach Edey
CPurdueCanada7-4299 lbs
At least I won't have to lament is passing on him later, which James Jones would have undoubtedly done if he had somehow dropped to 22. Jones will seemingly never get that size in the post and rebounding and interior defense is still a thing in the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, the Suns can't announce a trade using the 22nd pick until they are on the clock, if it happens.

Maybe we might hear a rumor but nothing official.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, the Suns can't announce a trade using the 22nd pick until they are on the clock, if it happens.

Yep. They can negotiate all they want but it cannot be announced until they are on the clock.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Portland takes Carrington. Pg projected much later.

He's being traded to the Wizards, along with a future first and Brogdon for Deni Avdija.

Strange trade.

I get what the Wiz are doing, total tear down time. No clue what the Blazers are doing.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

They actually can't announce it officially until after making the pick for the other team since you can't trade 1st rounders in back-to-back years.

Trading down can be done beforehand though

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They actually can't announce it officially until after making the pick for the other team since you can't trade 1st rounders in back-to-back years.

Trading down can be done beforehand though

When the Suns are on the clock, it does not constitute trading back-to-back picks. Actually, the rights are what is traded.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. I have an appointment I have to get to. Really frustrated I cannot watch this further. My prediction: Suns fans will be livid after this draft.

They always are.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. I have an appointment I have to get to. Really frustrated I cannot watch this further. My prediction: Suns fans will be livid after this draft.

They always are.
Not sure we’ll see livid, no matter the pick because I feel like last season leveled pretty much all passion from every type of Suns fan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still expecting a trade down unless someone special is there the Suns really like.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
When the Suns are on the clock, it does not constitute trading back-to-back picks. Actually, the rights are what is traded.
I know its a trade for the rights. They used to force the team to make a pick. Maybe that changed under the new CBA :shrug:

The change would make sense to get rid of the awkward moment of having draftees wearing the hat of the team thats trading them

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure we’ll see livid, no matter the pick because I feel like last season leveled pretty much all passion from every type of Suns fan.

If we move the pick and the pick in 31, for some mediocre vet I will be pretty mad.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know its a trade for the rights. They used to force the team to make a pick. Maybe that changed under the new CBA :shrug:

The change would make sense to get rid of the awkward moment of having draftees wearing the hat of the team thats trading them

We are only talking about a technicality. The players are still wearing the cap of the team that draft them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm