2024 NFL Power Rankings

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year the Cardinals began the season as the 32nd ranked team in the power rankings. This year they are starting at 24:

The Cardinals have earned some measured optimism, thanks to the way they steadily improved last season, while Jonathan Gannon stiff-armed many of his critics by leading a team that backed down from no one and displayed cutting-edge creativity. With Kyler Murray getting back in the saddle for last year's respectable finish and the addition of Marvin Harrison Jr., there are signs of both progress and hope. Arizona has drafted impressively the past few years, adding depth on both sides of the ball, but the biggest test remains the defense. Losing BJ Ojulari for the season and first-rounder Darius Robinson for the first part of the campaign will sting, and the division is no cakewalk. If they can make moderate improvements defensively and maintain their us-against-the-world mentality, the Cardinals could double their win total from a year ago and enter 2025 as one of the more intriguing teams on the rise.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think that list is too far off as far as the cards go.

I would just say Cards should be ahead of Minnesota and maybe Tampa on that list.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I think this is generous at this point at the season. I expect this is where the team will end and maybe even better. But for now it's generous.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Each year hold a crap load of unknowns.

Generally the top and bottom predictions hold some weight for accuracy but there will be substantial movement in the middle.

Let the movement begin, time to open the box of chocolates to see what we have…

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A month into the season & that list will look completely different.
Totally agree. My wish is that when a new list comes out as it will (maybe every week?) that they show where the team was picked at the start. Of course the guy putting together the list always attributes the team moving up or down from where he had them ranked, to the team playing terribly or being lucky.

Never read him saying, maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that list is too far off as far as the cards go.

I would just say Cards should be ahead of Minnesota and maybe Tampa on that list.
Why? Tampa is a returning playoff team who’s 1-0 and why are we better than the Vikings?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky