Kudos to the Cards Fans at the Rams Game

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know what it was about Keim/Kingsbury's regime that made us suck at home, but that appears to be another thing MO/JG has changed about this team.

The home crowd seem to fuel a fanatical effort by Budda and our front seven yesterday.
Nice win yesterday but not sure we can say it has changed yet.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
i think understanding the baseline for the degree of other teams fans in your building is important-

did anyone see the Minnesota / SF game yesterday? Large groups of red jerseys in Minnesota. At least on one side of that stadium, its was 35% at least. When SF did something, you could hear the reaction on the tv.

I dont think anyone would think of Viking fans as being fair weather fans.

Fans in the valley can definitely be better, and more performances like yesterday will go a long way. But vs certain teams -- its just the way it is

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Reaction score
i think understanding the baseline for the degree of other teams fans in your building is important-

did anyone see the Minnesota / SF game yesterday? Large groups of red jerseys in Minnesota. At least on one side of that stadium, its was 35% at least. When SF did something, you could hear the reaction on the tv.

I dont think anyone would think of Viking fans as being fair weather fans.

Fans in the valley can definitely be better, and more performances like yesterday will go a long way. But vs certain teams -- its just the way it is
sounded like a lot of bear fans in Houston last night as well

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'll never forget the 2008 season playoff game against Atlanta. It was the loudest that I've ever heard Arizona fans and the noise level never let up...from the start of the game until the finish. Just an incredible fan experience.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll never forget the 2008 season playoff game against Atlanta. It was the loudest that I've ever heard Arizona fans and the noise level never let up...from the start of the game until the finish. Just an incredible fan experience.
I tell people about this game often. This is the only game I’ve been too in my life where I was yelling at the TOP OF MY LUNGS and could not hear my own voice bc it was so loud.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I tell people about this game often. This is the only game I’ve been too in my life where I was yelling at the TOP OF MY LUNGS and could not hear my own voice bc it was so loud.
Iirc it was even a little difficult to clearly understand the TV announcers at that game.
I can't be certain it was that specific game but I recall 2 occasions back then when the crowd was even really loud over the tv...

Always cracks me up that Seattle gets the credit for a noisy house...because when the Redbirds are winning nobody rocks a house like the Red Sea

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was loud, but the Philadelphia NFC championship game was louder jmo being at both…. And I’ve never heard it like it was when Timmy Hightower ran in for the touchdown to seal the Super Bowl birth.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was loud, but the Philadelphia NFC championship game was louder jmo being at both…. And I’ve never heard it like it was when Timmy Hightower ran in for the touchdown to seal the Super Bowl birth.
Yeah, that place was DEFEANING for the NFC Title game. I remember just before kick off, it was so loud that the stadium felt like it was shaking and an Eagles fan in front of me just looked around in amazement and said “Wow”. That moment was the loudest I can ever remember in the stadium.

Only other time that probably compares to that was that bananas ending of the Cards-Packers OT classic. I can’t even remember how loud it was simply because of how bugnuts crazy EVERYONE was going after Dansby’s walk-off OT defensive score.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It’s the double explosion cheer that gets me watching this… it’s all nerves and screaming before the play then one explosion of cheering when Rodgers got sacked followed IMMEDIATELY by an even bigger explosion when people realized Dansby had the ball and was running it in for the playoff walkoff W. I love that video. It just perfectly captures the pandemonium of the moment.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah, that place was DEFEANING for the NFC Title game. I remember just before kick off, it was so loud that the stadium felt like it was shaking and an Eagles fan in front of me just looked around in amazement and said “Wow”. That moment was the loudest I can ever remember in the stadium.

Only other time that probably compares to that was that bananas ending of the Cards-Packers OT classic. I can’t even remember how loud it was simply because of how bugnuts crazy EVERYONE was going after Dansby’s walk-off OT defensive score.

It’s the double explosion cheer that gets me watching this… it’s all nerves and screaming before the play then one explosion of cheering when Rodgers got sacked followed IMMEDIATELY by an even bigger explosion when people realized Dansby had the ball and was running it in for the playoff walkoff W. I love that video. It just perfectly captures the pandemonium of the moment.
Damn you can actually feel the moment in that video. Made me misty eyed

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah I was at both too but I didn’t think the Philly game was nearly as loud…there were a lot of eagles fans there. That Atlanta game probably had like 12 falcons fans in attendance lol

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea I was there for that one too also damn amazing. I still give a nod to the TH TD just the pure emotion of it all and literally every one around us in Cardinals gear crying tears to boot. It was pretty incredible. I had to have high fived and hugged 1000 people that night. Then driving back to mom’s house to immediately book SB airfare hotels and rental car. So surreal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I was there for that one too also damn amazing. I still give a nod to the TH TD just the pure emotion of it all and literally every one around us in Cardinals gear crying tears to boot. It was pretty incredible. I had to have high fived and hugged 1000 people that night. Then driving back to mom’s house to immediately book SB airfare hotels and rental car. So surreal.
oh yeah, the aftermath of the NFC title game was a once in a lifetime experience. Watching the confetti come down around AW, while a single tear rolled down his eye on the jumbotron, being there with my brothers and dad, then celebrating in the great lawn after with my best friend, his father, Daves and a bunch more, delighting in the best post-season post-game Cardinals cake ever... was as glorious a day in life as could get.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Yeah just from memory that is the loudest I have heard our fans. Didn't they restrict tickets to AZ zip codes?

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Iirc it was even a little difficult to clearly understand the TV announcers at that game.
I can't be certain it was that specific game but I recall 2 occasions back then when the crowd was even really loud over the tv...

Always cracks me up that Seattle gets the credit for a noisy house...because when the Redbirds are winning nobody rocks a house like the Red Sea
I don't know about that. As a long time Cardinal season ticket holder, I thought no stadium could be louder, especially the 2008 playoff game.

Then I went to a Packer at Seahawks game. First game of the year. It was so loud it hurt my ears. The most impressive thing is that no one sat down for the whole game, except for commercial breaks. Arizona fans have a long way to go to match the enthusiasm of Seattle.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that. As a long time Cardinal season ticket holder, I thought no stadium could be louder, especially the 2008 playoff game.

Then I went to a Packer at Seahawks game. First game of the year. It was so loud it hurt my ears. The most impressive thing is that no one sat down for the whole game, except for commercial breaks. Arizona fans have a long way to go to match the enthusiasm of Seattle.
All true… But it has been noted and proven that the Seattle Seahawks stadium design helps them. It was specifically designed to funnel noise back down.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
All true… But it has been noted and proven that the Seattle Seahawks stadium design helps them. It was specifically designed to funnel noise back down.
The Seattle fans acknowledge that, but it still takes a lot of effort to stand the whole game and yell. Also, I wore my Cardinal gear and the fans were more respectful than Cardinal fans would be.