2024 Twitter Thread (News of the Cards)

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I’ll be there in Buffalo along with my sons, nephews, friends, cousins, etc. I’m excited to see year 2 of the MOJG regime!! Win or lose, we’ll party hard. Being a family from NYS, most of my entourage will be rooting for the Bills, but my boys & I will be donned in our Cardinal gear and rooting for the Big Red!!!

My man.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Roy Lopez heaps praise on current Cardinals coaching staff.....

Lopez aims to become that piece, and he credits his development to the Cardinals’ coaching staff, which includes Gannon, defensive coordinator Nick Rallis, and defensive line coach Derrick LeBlanc.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry, some tweets have great videos and images. I prefer to see the entire thing in a thread, and watch videos here, and not have to click a link away from ASFN

Can we keep this thread for the season?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

One thing that's great about this coaching staff is they care about players and they don't pigeonhole them.

A lot of coaches assume they know what a player is once they hit 26 or that 2nd contract and many would see Lopez as nothing more than a back of the roster DT5 type player and coach him accordingly. This staff want to get he best out of every player and give everyone a shot at starting.

The flip side of this is that you can overestimate players and your ability to improve them and you end up relying on someone that isn't up to the job when the rubber hits the road.

It worked out with Fro. They are trying to do something similar with SMB and make a guy thats been a CB2 with flashes into a CB1. Can they do the same with Lopez? I'm dubious, but if he can just be a Corey Peters level player that would be awesome.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One thing that's great about this coaching staff is they care about players and they don't pigeonhole them.

A lot of coaches assume they know what a player is once they hit 26 or that 2nd contract and many would see Lopez as nothing more than a back of the roster DT5 type player and coach him accordingly. This staff want to get he best out of every player and give everyone a shot at starting.

The flip side of this is that you can overestimate players and your ability to improve them and you end up relying on someone that isn't up to the job when the rubber hits the road.

It worked out with Fro. They are trying to do something similar with SMB and make a guy thats been a CB2 with flashes into a CB1. Can they do the same with Lopez? I'm dubious, but if he can just be a Corey Peters level player that would be awesome.

Much the same can be said for Khyiris Tonga, although I see little evidence that either can penetrate like Corey Peters.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Yeah, this staff is actually, you know, coaching, vs. god knows what Kilff and company were doing during his four year tenure at ARZ. lol