2024 Twitter Thread (News of the Cards)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to say, as I haven't seen it much, Elijah Higgins deserves some love.

He was a rookie WR to start last year. He's really embraced converting to TE and has been a solid depth piece. Tonnes of upside there with him as still growing.

Plays a key part in Kyler's run here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I want to say, as I haven't seen it much, Elijah Higgins deserves some love.

He was a rookie WR to start last year. He's really embraced converting to TE and has been a solid depth piece. Tonnes of upside there with him as still growing.

Plays a key part in Kyler's run here.

Absolutely awesome video where former OL break down our scheme. The use of multiple TEs is masterful.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
yeah thats probably exactly why he chose to follow his defensive coordinator, because the system fits his talents very well.
He would be a building block here that you design the defensive system around. It's not like Gannon and Rallis have never centered a system around IDL.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He would be a building block here that you design the defensive system around. It's not like Gannon and Rallis have never centered a system around IDL.
K9...dude....

No Means No
I know its difficult to accept rejection sometimes. But No,.. means No.

He clearly stated he wanted to follow his DC...we did not get the rose, we aint gonna score tonight, No means No

you cant center anything around a player that did not want to be a Cardinal.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wanted Zach back even if it was an “overpay” at the time, but do you really not believe it was possible he didn’t just want to follow his first NFL DC who molded him?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe have a game plan that is tailored to your players strengths NOT to the system strengths. This drives me nuts, as I don’t believe we are game planning to Kyler’s strengths (designed runs and rollouts) OR our 4th overall players strengths.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wanted Zach back even if it was an “overpay” at the time, but do you really not believe it was possible he didn’t just want to follow his first NFL DC who molded him?

I think there's a lot of things that go into that decision, but I don't believe that following his DC was the primary driver or couldn't be overridden with more money/convincing.

I think it's just as likely that he was tired of losing and recognized that the Arizona Cardinals were a toxic organization and bailed. There just isn't a lot of precedent for blue- or red-chip players taking their second contract and chasing anything besides money.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgreendtc