2024 Twitter Thread (News of the Cards)

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think there's a lot of things that go into that decision, but I don't believe that following his DC was the primary driver or couldn't be overridden with more money/convincing.

I think it's just as likely that he was tired of losing and recognized that the Arizona Cardinals were a toxic organization and bailed. There just isn't a lot of precedent for blue- or red-chip players taking their second contract and chasing anything besides money.
Just as likely he didn’t like the heat. Upper east coast guy most of his life.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think there's a lot of things that go into that decision, but I don't believe that following his DC was the primary driver or couldn't be overridden with more money/convincing.

I think it's just as likely that he was tired of losing and recognized that the Arizona Cardinals were a toxic organization and bailed. There just isn't a lot of precedent for blue- or red-chip players taking their second contract and chasing anything besides money.
None of us know what happened with those contract negotiations. As far as I can tell, people are just extrapolating from a positive quote from Allen about Vance.

What we do know is that a solid amount of people on this board said Allen wasn't worth the kind of contract Denver gave to him. That has turned out to be false.

We also know that Monti is paying Nichols and Jones a combined $17 million in average annual salary to replace Allen's production. I think it is safe to say that was a poor investment.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He was tired of losing so he went to the 5-12 Broncos that just fired their HC?