30 Rock

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of the show, and I can't stand Alec Baldwin... BUT his character is AMAZING!!!! He plays him perfectly! He deserved that Golden Globe and should get the EMMY as well. Aside from Steve Kerrel portraying Michael Scott, there is no better Comedy character/portrayal on TV today and/or the recent past. IMHO.

Unfortunately, other than Alec Baldwin, I don't see any other reason to watch the show...

OT: I'm trying to think of the last great TV comedy character... George? Kramer? Homer?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of the show, and I can't stand Alec Baldwin... BUT his character is AMAZING!!!! He plays him perfectly! He deserved that Golden Globe and should get the EMMY as well. Aside from Steve Kerrel portraying Michael Scott, there is no better Comedy character/portrayal on TV today and/or the recent past. IMHO.

Unfortunately, other than Alec Baldwin, I don't see any other reason to watch the show...

OT: I'm trying to think of the last great TV comedy character... George? Kramer? Homer?

Tina Fey is good and the writing is hilarious. There are other good people on the show, but I agree, Baldwin is awesome.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope people are still watching this show...it's absolutely hilarious.

Tonight was excellent, i couldn't stop laughing.

"Hi, you may not remember me, I'm Phoebe."

"Oh man, that guy SPIT IN MY MOUTH!"

I have the hots for Tina Fey too.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, Im watching this show for the 1st time tonite.. Whats the premise suppose to be? Like a behind the scenes of a show like SNL show?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I was too busy trying figure out why they called it 30 Rock.. Anyone know so next time I can just sit back and watch the show?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess I was too busy trying figure out why they called it 30 Rock.. Anyone know so next time I can just sit back and watch the show?

30 Rockefeller place is the address where all NBC New York shows, The Today Show, Saturdat Night Live, Conan O'Brian, etc, are recorded.
30 Rock is the nick name for the building.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
30 Rockefeller place is the address where all NBC New York shows, The Today Show, Saturdat Night Live, Conan O'Brian, etc, are recorded.
30 Rock is the nick name for the building.

Ah ok cool.. I knew it had to be something simple but all I could think of was something like "3rd Rock From The SUn" and 30 Rock didnt seem to have a ET undertone to it..

thanks..

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show was great last night...loved Tina Fey doing her Jerry impression.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would like MILF Island to be a real TV show.

I love the office, but IMO 30 Rock is the funny show on TV.

Joe

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Great show tonight, perhaps their best IMHO.
Very Larry Davidish.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is without a doubt the funniest show on television. It's a shame that it'll probably go the way of Arrested Development. Just too good for it's own good.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is without a doubt the funniest show on television. It's a shame that it'll probably go the way of Arrested Development. Just too good for it's own good.

Amen, just about every line is funny. Jack Donaghy and Kenneth the page are absolutely classic. If they cancel this show I may have to load up my wheelchair with the fertilizer and diesel fuel and roll full blast into NBC headquarters.

Joe

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, part way through Season 1 and this show is great.

I havent laughed this hard since AD.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bump for synergy.

Watching season 1 on DVD.

During Jenna's "Muffin Top" song there's a cameo by Ghost Face Killa. He's got a Cards jacket on. If I read it right, it's even a coach Mac era one.

I never had a problem with the man. Now I down right like him.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to see what the fuss was about and watched Season 1 and 2 before Season 3 started. It was darn funny! Still doesn't beat The Office, but I will be watching it more this season.

The Rural Juror episode had me laughing for DAYS and I STILL laugh at saying it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05