4 thru 7 Round Draft Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nate Potter looks like a steal in the 7th round after watching the video. He is a physical specimen.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep, no picks in the entire defensive front 7. If nothing else, we could use some more depth there.

That was the one head scratcher. Taking Lindley when there were still decent LB and DE prospects on the board. Hopefully that could mean that Quan S. is developing and Bradley might be catching on to Horton's defense.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Come on, give Kolb at least ONE more season to develop.

I'm just saying as a possibility. Again it might not be up to Whiz, another concussion might force Whiz or Kolb himself to do it. People forget if he got that concussion in week 1, it would have almost ended his season right there. I don't see how he would have made it back until week 10.

At this point I'm not expecting much from him as I don't think he can last more than a few games without getting another one. If it wasn't for the concussions I'd be fully on board to give him another season. Before the shell shock, he did show some stuff. So it's not like I don't think he doesn't have some talent. I can see why they traded for him.

We didn't get Manning, we paid the bonus, we'll see what he has. Having another QB in case the high likelihood he gets another concussion comes to fruition is a smart move to me. If for some reason he doesn't, he has a chance to play this season and develop if Skelton doesn't beat him out. But Skelton very well might beat him out. Or be handed the job because of injury.

I'm OK with Kolb sans concussion going into the year. If he wants to risk it for one more concussion, then he does. If he wants to even after another, perhaps two, I'd think he starts becoming an idiot on the matter. Hell he might already be there give how long the last one was. But it's obvious he's going to go into training camp, and preseason, and we'll see if he survives that. It's more likely since you play all your QB's and teams throw vanilla wafers at you, but still it's a possibility, a strong one that concussion in the preseason ends his season, and perhaps career. That's a reality, even if people don't see it like that yet.

People just aren't understanding my position. Where we are in the off-season, these were the times where you can change your mind and try to find a different QB. Now that the first wave of FA and the Draft is over, the options are limited. We're stuck with him and his gimpy head in addition to any possible upside. An offseason will no doubt help him...but is it a moot point? That's the BIG issue. You can't hide this fact.

I feel it was a pretty bad move to allow a guy with major red flag injury concerns to suck up a QB roster spot, but he's here, and I'd rather have him be successful than not. He will have his shot, and I'll be rooting him on like anybody on our team.

It's injury concerns #1, #2, and #3
It's lack of production #4.

#4 has a shot to improve because of OL additions and a full year in the system plus OTA's and another training camp. I don't see how that doesn't happen. But just one medium size hit might make it all for not. It's wise to add protection by getting another WR.

It's not about not wanting to give him another year to develop. It's that I don't see how he can last a year TO develop. But the time has past, and he'll have his shot.

Think of it this way, you could have a the best model of car there is, but if it breaks down every mile, you need to get another car. You can make it faster, put better tires on it, and it becomes on paper a better car. But if it still breaks down, it's not a car you can rely on. Concussions are like that. Time doesn't heal them in a way that makes them less likely.

Given that Lindley has a shot at a future, IF things fall certain ways, there are reasons Kolb should be cut. The odds are though that Bartel will be the man gone in order to keep Lindley. But hey we kept Hall over Leinart, so it's possible we keep Bartel and Lindley over Kolb. Let's not forget Whiz has always said availability is a key metric. Who could blame Whiz if he saw enough from Lindley and had enough comfort with Bartel as a backup to take them over Kolb because of availability. Again what I'm saying is what's possible. Lots of different ways things can go. I don't have all the info, but all these are possibilities.

Last edited:

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Nate Potter looks like a steal in the 7th round after watching the video. He is a physical specimen.

Very tall but also too lean for a LT at the moment. At 6'6 he needs to fill his frame out more than his current weight of 305.

He lacks strength and a mean streak so those are elements in his game for him to work on.

He'll start off behind Brown and D.J. Young so will get time to develop his game before he is given a real shot.

Nice developmental LT prospect nontheless.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the one head scratcher. Taking Lindley when there were still decent LB and DE prospects on the board. Hopefully that could mean that Quan S. is developing and Bradley might be catching on to Horton's defense.

And tey have more faith in Schofield who was looking pretty good at the end of the year.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Trevin Wade just picked -- for those of you scoring at home, I believe we are now at 3 Wildcats (Foles, Criner, Wade) to 2 Sun Devils (Brock and Bolden). Robinson & Burfict still possible ASU picks at the very end.

BEAR DOWN!!!!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Very tall but also too lean for a LT at the moment. At 6'6 he needs to fill his frame out more than his current weight of 305.

He lacks strength and a mean streak so those are elements in his game for him to work on.

He'll start off behind Brown and D.J. Young so will get time to develop his game before he is given a real shot.

Nice developmental LT prospect nontheless.

Well, food supply is now higher with Deuce in Seattle. :mrgreen:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Trevin Wade just picked -- for those of you scoring at home, I believe we are now at 3 Wildcats (Foles, Criner, Wade) to 2 Sun Devils (Brock and Bolden). Robinson & Burfict still possible ASU picks at the very end.

BEAR DOWN!!!!

I'd like to see Robinson get a shot here.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind concerning Kolb's concussions. Discounting the athletic part, Troy Aikmen had 8 concussions before deciding to hang em up. I think IIRC Warner had 4 while he played for us. I learned from a friend of mine that plays hockey that there are different grades of concussions. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what grade Kolb's concussions were but I would venture a guess that the last one was of the higher order considering the amount of recovery time he had.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05