49ers first-round pick Ricky Pearsall was shot today in San Francisco

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've never felt unsafe in San Francisco. We go there often...stay right downtown and walk around freely. Love going through Chinatown late at night with the family. Always fun. Yes, there are homeless, but it's everywhere. Heck, we were in Tucson visiting UofA yesterday and that was the most homeless I've ever seen in my life...almost every park was just packed. Families and people of all ages. Still didn't feel unsafe, though.
Frisco is the only place in America that I have witnessed multiple people ******** on the sidewalk in the same day.
Absolutely refuse to ever go back. It also owns the most inept flustercuck of an airport in the western hemisphere.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've never felt unsafe in San Francisco. We go there often...stay right downtown and walk around freely. Love going through Chinatown late at night with the family. Always fun. Yes, there are homeless, but it's everywhere. Heck, we were in Tucson visiting UofA yesterday and that was the most homeless I've ever seen in my life...almost every park was just packed. Families and people of all ages. Still didn't feel unsafe, though.
Biggest change from CA to NC (other than trees and actual wildlife) is there are virtually no homeless in Charlotte.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Biggest change from CA to NC (other than trees and actual wildlife) is there are virtually no homeless in Charlotte.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There are homeless everywhere, including Charlotte. Maybe not to the degree of places out West (weather), but they are there. It would be awesome if everyone could actually come together to figure out a solution, instead of kicking the can down the road or blaming others. The money and resources exist, but there isn't a unified commitment on actually using them. Stepping down from my soapbox now.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

There are homeless everywhere, including Charlotte. Maybe not to the degree of places out West (weather), but they are there. It would be awesome if everyone could actually come together to figure out a solution, instead of kicking the can down the road or blaming others. The money and resources exist, but there isn't a unified commitment on actually using them. Stepping down from my soapbox now.

California has spent 20 billion(yes billion) supposedly on homelessness in 5 years yet the numbers rise. Of course nobody is actually really tracking what the hell it is actually being spent on. Likely a ton of corruption.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Agree wholeheartedly. Homeless is a function of high cost of living, drug addiction, and mental health issues. It's kind of embarrassing to live in a society that has so much, but we don't take care of our most needy.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Oakland is a hell hole…
More money is not the solution, they put a $75 tax on every land recording in California, few years ago, including my 3 annual gold claims. Money was to go to homeless, it has only became worse! And providers are going crap services and pocketing the funds. Worked there like I said. Seen it with my own eyes, before that funding.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
i got robbed delivering pizzas in college and I had my place burglarized. While I needed the money I needed my life more. Now have 3 kids and am about to retire from the Navy (long happy life and successful career). If anyone ever gets robbed - just give them what they want and collect as much information as you can (shoes, tattoos, jewelry, type of weapon, height, weight, etc). Your wallet isn't worth your life. Assault on you or your loved ones is a different story, fight to survive, whatever it takes.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Homeless people are seldom armed. Apparently the robber was after an expensive watch he was wearing. The housing crises as a whole is a disaster. We need to build more affordable units ASAP.
Can’t say I agree with your first sentence at all. Thats not true from my experience.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
i got robbed delivering pizzas in college and I had my place burglarized. While I needed the money I needed my life more. Now have 3 kids and am about to retire from the Navy (long happy life and successful career). If anyone ever gets robbed - just give them what they want and collect as much information as you can (shoes, tattoos, jewelry, type of weapon, height, weight, etc). Your wallet isn't worth your life. Assault on you or your loved ones is a different story, fight to survive, whatever it takes.
I talk about this all the time in my Self-Advocacy group. I ask my vets what are situations to be passive in rather than assertive? When there's a gun in your face. Your wallet isn't worth your life!

I also use football references to talk about when it's time to be aggressive :D

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Frisco is the only place in America that I have witnessed multiple people ******** on the sidewalk in the same day.
Absolutely refuse to ever go back. It also owns the most inept flustercuck of an airport in the western hemisphere.
I was there last summer and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but it was unsettling in a couple places. I had a young guy in his early 20's approach me and started preaching to me.

I guess same could be said about most of the big cities I've lived in or been to. Vegas is terrible in certain areas. People lived in underground tunnels there. It was also terrible in Fairbanks Alaska. that may be the worst I've seen per capita, considering Fairbanks isn't that big of a place. I was told that people die from hypothermia there every winter.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was there last summer and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but it was unsettling in a couple places. I had a young guy in his early 20's approach me and started preaching to me.
The place that dad has happened to me the most is Dallas.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been there but every time I’ve gone to Cedar Street there are dozens of anti-gay protesters, preachers, etc. some who are pleasant others who get in your face as you’re just trying to have a good time

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The place that dad has happened to me the most is Dallas.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been there but every time I’ve gone to Cedar Street there are dozens of anti-gay protesters, preachers, etc. some who are pleasant others who get in your face as you’re just trying to have a good time
I can imagine. My best friend's dad used to be a dallas cop and would take extra duty working security there. he also told me that he saw many protesters or antagonists get their butts whooped for crossing the line. that was like 25-ish years ago though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SFO isn't that bad IMO. Prefer it to Chicago or Atlanta that's for sure.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

The teen suspect in the shooting of 49ers WR Ricky Pearsall was charged Tuesday with attempted murder, assault with a semiautomatic weapon and attempted second-degree robbery, San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins said. State law prevents Jenkins from charging a minor as an adult, but she said that if her investigation reveals the teenage suspect should be tried in adult court, she would request a judge rule on transferring the case.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky