49ers | Team lowers offer for Crabtree

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I apologize for this question as I'm sure it's been asked a million times -

If Crabtree sits out the entire season and re-enters the draft, which I think is going to happen, will the 49ers get a compensation pick in the 2010 draft or do they get nothing?

I hope they don't get compensation as it'll be great for the Cards (and rest of the NFC West). We won't have to worry about Crabtree and they miss out on a first round pick which is huge.

All that said, Crabtree's a moron and is making a huge mistake. Someone should have him call Mike Williams and Maurice Clarett to see how missing a year of football worked out for them
49ers get no compensation if Crabtree sits out the year....however the 49ers already have 2 first round picks (Carolina and their own) for next year draft.

49ers will use the money that they didn't use on Crabtree contract on free agents.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
I apologize for this question as I'm sure it's been asked a million times -

If Crabtree sits out the entire season and re-enters the draft, which I think is going to happen, will the 49ers get a compensation pick in the 2010 draft or do they get nothing?

I hope they don't get compensation as it'll be great for the Cards (and rest of the NFC West). We won't have to worry about Crabtree and they miss out on a first round pick which is huge.

All that said, Crabtree's a moron and is making a huge mistake. Someone should have him call Mike Williams and Maurice Clarett to see how missing a year of football worked out for them

No, the 49ers don't get anything if he re enters the draft. However, we could trade his rights after March 1st to another team which could be as hig has a 1st rounder or as low as a 5th rounder. However, with the money saved on Crabtree they could sign a big name FA next season. With Singletary as the HC, I see alot of FAs coming to SF.

By the way, Singletary hasn't even mentioned Crabtree since the OTA. Looks like we've moved on without a long time ago.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta say, Singletary makes it very hard not to respect the 9ers... damn him!

:mulli:
What a difference a few months make. This offseason he was called a nitwit, loopy and in way over his head.

He may not become the next Bill Parcels, but I think he's going to be a good coach. It's a shame he's not in the AFC.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
What a difference a few months make. This offseason he was called a nitwit, loopy and in way over his head.

He may not become the next Bill Parcels, but I think he's going to be a good coach. It's a shame he's not in the AFC.

In over his head?

Watch his recent presser. The guy is full of truth and that's what I love about him. I am confident that Singleatry will bring the 49ers another SB.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/...7873#?id=0b9cc24e-562c-48d5-ac6c-40895d9a7873

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In over his head?

Watch his recent presser. The guy is full of truth and that's what I love about him. I am confident that Singleatry will bring the 49ers another SB.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/...7873#?id=0b9cc24e-562c-48d5-ac6c-40895d9a7873
Dude, relax. My point is that this board was all over him since his pants dropping incident, but seems to be coming around to his side.

I'm all for having opposing fans around, but you can't run around trying to dispell every perceived slight. You're on a Cards board fer chrissakes, you need to understand that there will be some hate for the division rivals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05