4th round pick

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather take a flyer on him with the 5th round pick, than Alan Branch.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He sounds like the ideal choice for a late round pick, one of those huge boom or bust types who in the late round won't hurt so much if he busts.

OP
OP
M

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I say you just take a guy like that in the fourth and b/c we have a fairly early pick and there is a chance that the guy can be a superstar. If you just wait and wait some other team is going to luck out.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Too early for a guy that raw. Planet Theory is cool and all, but the kid is a PROJECT. 6th-7th guy, but I MIGHT be cool with him as the 5th round pick barring how the draft goes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Guys, this fellow played in two games in Junior College.

This is how an undrafted rookie free agent is defined. He couldn't remain eligible in junior college. In the one situation where he could get a job making more than $5.75 per hour, he showed up late for interviews and offered excuses.

Stins

Rookie
Reaction score
I took him in an earlier post in the 5th round. I attached my picks from a reply to Mitch's "Sunday Morming Coffee"
Taking your trade down, your number 1 and 2 picks are fine with my thinking, but I have other thoughts for th rest of the draft. My draft would be as follows:

#1. Levi Brown
#2 David Harris - a great match to team with Hayes in the 3/4 and has the speed ( 4.59 ) and size to play the outside in the 4/3. This can keep Dansby on the outside in the 3/4 where he create havoc.
OR
Justin Harrell, DE/DT, 6' 5" 300lbs - A perfect DE for the 3/4. He might be gone in the 1st round but he might fall because of an injury.

#3a (#69) Fred Bennett, CB - 6' 1" 195lbs 4.47 40, - His stock has slide but I believehe is still an elite corner and in the 3rd round, he's a bargin.He has great instincts and always seem to be around the ball. Very good size to speed ratio and flexible hips to turn and run with any reciever. Would intially be a great nickle or dime back or rotate in the 3 safety sets.

#3b (#72) Doug Free, OT 6' 6" 320lbs 5.19 40, - Complete the rebuilding of the offensive line. Free could also be a blocking tight end, since he is very athletic and mobil. he will be couched up and become the a starter at tackle in 2008 giving the Cardinals bookend tackles for several years.

#4 (#105) Brian Robison, DE/OLB - 6' 3" 260lbs 4.59, 40 - a very versatile player, who can rotate as a DE in the 4/3 and has experience as a LB in the 3/4. Excellent speed/strength to size ratio. Also was one of the best special team performers in the country the last two years.

#5 (#142) Walter Thomas, DT 6' 4 1/2" 370lbs 5.15 40, - A massive and imposing DT with unusual quickness for a man that size. I know this is a gamble, but I think of Eric Swann who also did not play big college football. He intially went to OK State as a highly recruited player. I believe this would be a reasonable gamble in the 5th round.

#6 (#?180) Dallas Sartz, - 6' 5" 240lbs 4.71 40, - Very impressive athlete with great size to speed and very well couched. A project but has very good upside. Must get tougher.

#7 (#215) David Lofton 6' 4" 212lbs, 4.48 40, - One of the best pure athletes in the country. Has played QB, LB & WR. Could be a &th round surprise. Son of James Lofton

OP
OP
M

Matt L

Reaction score
Who do you want with your 4th round pick? Why not swing for the fences with a 4th rounder, the signing bonus is minimal and they could do alot worse than go after this guy.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who do you want with your 4th round pick? Why not swing for the fences with a 4th rounder, the signing bonus is minimal and they could do alot worse than go after this guy.

Why? because amongst other reasons... we need a blocking TE.

This guy is probably UDFA.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
This guy makes me think of Eric Swann. For nostalgia's sake, I'd take that flyer on him, but I know it's crazy. Teams who win sometimes do crazy things and get lucky. That's what I'd hope for with this guy....

BigWatson

Registered
Reaction score
for christs sake the guy played 2 games last season. small school college. in 05 he didnt play at all. but yeah he is big, lets sign him :rolleyes:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for christs sake the guy played 2 games last season. small school college. in 05 he didnt play at all. but yeah he is big, lets sign him :rolleyes:

Gabe, is that you over there worrying?

BigWatson

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, worrying about a guy who cant even play football. snap, you got me now!

:sarcasm:

OP
OP
M

Matt L

Reaction score
Blocking tight ends get cut every year in training camp, there is no substitute for any guy with this size and might have an ounce of athleticism.

OP
OP
M

Matt L

Reaction score
I know that everyone wants to get a blocking tight end or a safety who is slower than most linebackers, or a special teams demon, but when there is a guy who has this type of size, something that can't really be coached, and he is sitting on the second day of the draft, you just have to suck it up and go for it. I'm not saying that I think he is going to be an all-pro or the next eric swann, but he definitely has something that is very rare in most of the players in this draft, he has size and that is something that can't be taught. I don't really think that the cardinals are going to draft him hin the fourth, but I know we don't have a sixth rounder and I would be worried about him lasting till the seventh. I just hope that they at least will look at the film on this guy. If he can really do front flips, how many guys actually are that size and that athletic?

I know I am going to get alot of replies like, "but can he play football?" I don't know if the guy is a stud football player and I don't know if he is a big softie but in my opinion if you have the chance to draft someone who can be dominating or someone who can basically be the next Steve Bush, go with the possibility of dominance.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't think that he is worth a 4th rounder. 5th or 6th, maybe. Look at it this way. We got a guy, with WAAAAY more experience in the 4th round named Gabe Watson.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't think that he is worth a 4th rounder. 5th or 6th, maybe. Look at it this way. We got a guy, with WAAAAY more experience in the 4th round named Gabe Watson.
You are just saying that because he posts on this board so he knows what you look like.