60,000 on Sunday

seesred

Reaction score
This could be a lot of fun or complete heartach. 60,000 many who live right here in our city. Many with their can't get a grip on our team. The reason I write this is to state the following.

They say people don"t come to Sun Devil Stadium becuase it's ti hot. 60,000 people .
They say it's to expensive, 60,000 don;t agree.
THey say only fair weather fans that don't stick, Green bay has 45,000 fans coming out for their beloved cheese crackers.

If you have a good product and build history as a solid bussiness with the eye on winning even in sweltering heat, with the sun burning down on the east side. Even at 3-$250 per pop, they will come.

Lets stop kidding ourselves about why people don't come, there is truly only 1 reason the product is not good. Just ask 60,000 Green bayb fans what they think.

I love my Cards but I and only 17K can say that.

GBR

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Yeah, but these 40,000+ GB fans only go to 1 game a year. It's easy to bear it for one game a season.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Fantasy world

As a cardinal fan, have any of you ever wished you could clone 70,000 of yourselves and shock the NFL with a stadium full of die-hard cardinal fans.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Re: Fantasy world

Originally posted by Jetstream Green
As a cardinal fan, have any of you ever wished you could clone 70,000 of yourselves and shock the NFL with a stadium full of die-hard cardinal fans.
I don't think any of us would know how to act with a stadium full of nothing but Die-hard Cardinals fans.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as to say "die hards," but in 1998, we played the Chargers at SDS to get into the playoffs, and 71,670 showed up. All red.

It was beautiful.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
wouldn't go as far as to say "die hards," but in 1998, we played the Chargers at SDS to get into the playoffs, and 71,670 showed up. All red.

Same thing with the Saints game in 1998. SDS was rocking!

OP
OP
seesred

seesred

Reaction score
If Green Bay played 10 games here how many would they sell out even with the conditions. Almost every week. Yes it is only 1 game , bring me a team that wants to go for it and spends time getting there to stay and I will show you 70,000 Card fans and a waiting list.

We went to the playoffs in 98" , heck you could'nt get near the airport to send them to Dallas and when they came back thousands were on hand to applaude the victory. What did we do, released Larry Centers, Money, released Lomas Brown money, released our starting linebacker money. Then it was different to , now we are going to be different again, some people from those sell outs in 88, from the goal posts being torn down against Dalls, those thousands still live here and if we would have held this team together in 98 the place would still be rocking. There was Bidwills chance, there was a full stadium, there was we will never ever know.

GBR

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
It was beautiful.

Yes it was, but most of those guys were fresh fish!!! Don't get me wrong, I'd take 40,000 freshies any day.

OP
OP
seesred

seesred

Reaction score
Fresh fish wanting to cheer. When you get a bite in bussines you hold onto the reel.

GBR

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Originally posted by seesred
Fresh fish wanting to cheer. When you get a bite in bussines you hold onto the reel.
Maybe ya missed the last sentence in my quote.:thumbup:

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Bidwill doesn't care that the Cardinals will have a road game in Tempe. He just cares about 60,000 tickets being sold.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, that is not all packer fans.

Remember the flex pack...people buy the flex niners, pack, vikes and ravens games...instead of season tix.

the more casual cards fans will be at those bigger games...there will be a huge number of pack fans too, of course, but this whole "Lambeau Field West" and "road game at home" kind of talk is a little overblown.

I bet you'll see more red spectators than you think you're going to on Sunday. I just hope it is red clothing, and not red faces from embarassment.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
I thought that when you bought a flex-pack, one of the game was always the home opener?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe so...

There are also cards fans who buy single game tickets for the bigger games.

It's just my opinion, but I think there are a lot of cards fans that only go to a few games a year...there's a lot of competition for our sports dollars, and fielding losing teams isn't the best way to get them out of our wallets.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From cards web site:

The FlexPack includes the September 21st game with the Green Bay Packers, plus a minimum of any 3 other games of your choosing

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
I wouldn't go as far as to say "die hards," but in 1998, we played the Chargers at SDS to get into the playoffs, and 71,670 showed up. All red.

It was beautiful.

I want a picture of that!
Peace!
:thumbup:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05