A Seahawk fan perspective

Seahawker

Reaction score
I'm not here to trash talk anyone for the record, I'm a civil Seahawk fan and first and foremost I want to wish you guys good luck in a losing manner on Sunday (hey I want that 2-0 start! :D )

Anyway, I see a lot of you guys are excited about Anquan Boldin, and rightfully so - he's obviously going to be the guy Holmgren will key on considering Blake will probably be looking at him.

Some questions from a guy who honestly knows nothing really about the Cards offense.

- Who starts at WR other than Boldin? Is it Bryant Johnson? I noticed he only had like one catch in last weeks game.

- Is Leonard Davis going to play Sunday? I heard he is hurting a little bit.

- How many touches does Marcel Shipp get? I saw the Hawks play you guys in Tempe last year, and Shipp was a man possessed in the 2nd half but he had a little fumblitis hit him in the red zone.

Here's some things to look for on our end.

I know a lot of you are putting into the fact our defense still sucks, and the jury's still out on that one. But after one week they looked better than they did all of last year. And that came against the explosive New Orleans Saints offense. Deuce Mac picked up 99 yards on the ground, but the numbers do not tell the whole story. The revamped Ray Rhodes defense held McCalister to a dismal 14 yards in the first half, and in the second half we were comfortably ahead 24-3. The Saints O didn't reach the red zone until around the 8 minute mark in the 4th.. This with a prevent offense and defense implemented by the coaching staff. The Hawks literally sat on the ball as much as they could in the 2nd half, so that is why Hasselbeck's numbers weren't too impressive. I believe he only threw for around 35 yards in the 2nd half...compared to 99 in the 2nd quarter - which go figure was when the Hawks scored 21 on the Saints in about 10 minutes.

Anyway needless to say the Seahawks fans, myself included, expect to win this game (no offense) but after the Texans win over Miami last week - anything is possible.

Curious to see your guys thoughts on Sunday...I know I cannot wait for it!

Early prediction, again not to flame anyone...but Seahawks by 21.

That was both biased and somewhat realistic - I hope anyway

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Welcome, thanks for posting Since you are new I will take a side of Seahawk and a 40point victory. If you did want to do some trash talking we have a forum Bird Dropings. You are more than welcome to do some good ribbing.

Thanks,
D

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I tell ya what, all the Seahawk fans I've met at the stadium, and the bar before and after and even here on this board have all been pretty cool so far.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Seahawk fans are classy, classy people, from everything I've seen. Welcome. Come back on Monday and apologize for everything you've said.

The Cards will be coming to collect the rent right before Christmas.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Welcome...all things being equal the Hawks have the superior team...however I hope they stay hydrated..It's gonna be hot! My Gutt tell me 31-24 Hawks...My heart hopes for 34-31 Cards....

Mrospi

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.....Yeah Seahawks 61 to 3........Grammatica celebrates after the last second field and tears his ACL......stops it from being a shutout!!!!!!!!! wahooooooooooooo......

Please.........It will be a close game.....but more like Cards 28 to 21..................... I still have doubt in Seattle's offense, especially Hasselback.(sp?) Still to unproven in my book..... If you key on Anquan, I am looking for a huge day from Freddie Jones..........Blake is smart enough and a veteran.... he will find the other guys too....

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seahawker
Some questions from a guy who honestly knows nothing really about the Cards offense.

- Who starts at WR other than Boldin? Is it Bryant Johnson? I noticed he only had like one catch in last weeks game.

-

Good question, maybe you could tell us :D

OP
OP
S

Seahawker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mrospi
Hmmmmmm.....Yeah Seahawks 61 to 3........Grammatica celebrates after the last second field and tears his ACL......stops it from being a shutout!!!!!!!!! wahooooooooooooo......

Please.........It will be a close game.....but more like Cards 28 to 21..................... I still have doubt in Seattle's offense, especially Hasselback.(sp?) Still to unproven in my book..... If you key on Anquan, I am looking for a huge day from Freddie Jones..........Blake is smart enough and a veteran.... he will find the other guys too....

Well for what it's worth Hasselbeck has won 6 of his last 9 starts. Including against you guys last season. I think he finally gets it, and he looked just as sharp this past Sunday as he did before. The only thing is the Saints were so focused on the pass with their secondary woes, that Alexander had a pretty big day on the ground.

As for Freddie Jones, he's a good target but I think Rhodes is smart enough to know the Cards have other guys to throw the ball to. Not just Boldin and whoever else you guys are starting at WR, I've seen about 3 different depth charts for you guys lol.

Sturm

Reaction score
Seahawk fan here...

Yes, we're a classy bunch...but then again, we don't have much room to trash talk with our record of late.

Over at Seahawks.net, we're mostly concerned about the heat...and maybe Jeff Blake's arm--he does have a pretty deep ball.

Initially, I thought you guys spending so much money on Emmitt was a bad thing, but now it's looking to be a smart move on your part. The guy's still got some fuel left in the tanks and he may be the best weapon you have. We'll have to contain him. If we do that, I think we win. That rookie receiver might be a sleeper, but I seriously doubt he'll do a repeat performance on us. Our CB's are a lot better than Detroit's. A LOT BETTER!

Anyway, here's hoping neither team has any serious injuries in Sunday's game.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards game

Well, I think while your corners are better, your d-line is weaker than the Lions.. I expect the Cardinals will score a similar number of points this week as last week (24). Unfortunately, I expect the Seahawks will also score a similar number of point as the lions as our secondary is terrible.

I'd predict a game about 31-24 Seahawks, but it won't be that close.. I think if you guys get ahead early you'll stay ahead by about 10 the whole game.