Aaron Glenn cut by Cowboys

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the deal with that guy? Is he injured? Has he lost it? Is he overrated? Terrance Newman is nicked up - so why would the Felons cut a high profile guy at an apparent position of need?

All I know is the Cards need help at corner. Would Glenn represent a net-positive?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Glenn is an AARP candidate isn't he? Seriously how long has this guy been around?

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Long enough to realize that we have 0 depth at corner and could probably start here.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Long enough to realize that we have 0 depth at corner and could probably start here.

There reaches a point in every players career where they just are too old to play the game. I think Glenn reached that a couple of seasons ago, he wouldn't beat out Green or Hood.

I just looked it up, he's 35 and hasn't been a regular starter since 2004.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Aaron Glenn at 40 would still be a better nickel back than Antrel Rolle.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so he's old..

He's still a decent player. I don't think we're in a position to nitpick for some help in the secondary. None of our CBs are proven.

Would it be such a bad thing if we did bring him in? lol

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He is not only 35 but he is an old 35 having played for 14 seasons. He lost it in 2004 and has been relegated to nickel duty ever since. He got beat deep often the last 2 years, he is injury prone, probably still injured, he is slow and under 5-9. He hasnt been decent in 3 years.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because a name is recognizable, that doesn't mean they are any good anymore. I'd love to get a CB, or DE, that can help us. But, we'd be more likely to get help from a young guy none of us have heard of than guys who are clearly washed up like Aaron Glenn and Simeon Rice.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Aaron Glenn maybe, but how can you say that Simeon Rice is "washed up"? He suffered the same injury last season that Chike suffered a month ago. Before that, he had 8 sacks.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff, according to the Star Ledger (NJ's news paper)...
Another Jersey guy (this time from Rt.15 and 206 country). 23 posts to date reveals a new poster in our midst.In case I missed it, welcome to the board. Newbies buy. I'll take a Windmill hot dog (with the works) and a large root beer.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What's the deal with that guy? Is he injured? Has he lost it? Is he overrated? Terrance Newman is nicked up - so why would the Felons cut a high profile guy at an apparent position of need?

All I know is the Cards need help at corner. Would Glenn represent a net-positive?

I think I read he has already been picked up.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roy Williams is really pissed about this move. I guess Glenn had mentored all the DBs over the years.