Adrian Wilson is a liability in coverage

Tim

Reaction score
He should never be one on one with good pass catching tight ends. The 1st TD to Greg Olsen was atrocious awareness by AW. The 2nd TD wasn't much better. The PI call was blatent on the 3rd down play.

Bill Davis needs to find a way to cover up this glaring weakness, or AW should be off the field in obvious passing downs. Other teams see this on tape and will continue to exploit.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats nothing new. We have always known that!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont think Rolle can play SS? I do with more skills

Then who do you play at FS? Overall Wilson is a liability in coverage. But his other talents and skills overall make up for it IMO.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Agreed. The thing that bothered me the most is he seemed like he kept giving up on the plays. He had coverage, then stopped running with the receiver.

As much as I love his hitting ability, run stopping, and blitzing, he really does seem like he's lost in coverage.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever. Last week, a bunch of people were saying Warner was "done". Now, Wilson needs to come off the field in passing situations? Ridiculous. You never take him off the field.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Whatever. Last week, a bunch of people were saying Warner was "done". Now, Wilson needs to come off the field in passing situations? Ridiculous. You never take him off the field.

AW has played well 1 game all season

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson. The kid will be a player.

Not this season he won't. Johnson is a project, there is a reason he is inactive every week and Ware is ahead of him on the depth chart. The best thing about drafting Johnson though is he made Francisco expendable.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Not this season he won't. Johnson is a project, there is a reason he is inactive every week and Ware is ahead of him on the depth chart. The best thing about drafting Johnson though is he made Francisco expendable.

i agree thats why I said the Cards should have brought in Darren Sharper for 1-2 years

BIRDGANG
Reaction score

Adrian is my favorite player on the team, but he sucks in coverage. There is no denying that. If Rashad pans out at FS (which I think he will) and we resign Rolle, we could move him to SS with Rashad at FS on passing plays that A-Dub wouldn't be blitzing on from time to time.

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
hes got his ups n downs...but imo the ups outweigh the downs

Buckybird

Reaction score
Adrian is my favorite player on the team, but he sucks in coverage. There is no denying that. If Rashad pans out at FS (which I think he will) and we resign Rolle, we could move him to SS with Rashad at FS on passing plays that A-Dub wouldn't be blitzing on from time to time.

I dont see the cards resigning Rolle because of cap reasons.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ditto!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Is it the same reason that Beanie wasn't playing earlier this year and Doucet has been inactive while Jerry the Juggler plays?

I'd also like to see more of Will Davis spelling Berry. BB can still bring it on occasion but I think a little more rest would really help him.

Sometimes coaches are a little too conservative with personnel.

You just don't know what the kids can do until they get in the game.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
There's no cap next year, so why not?

I guess it all depends on how much Bidwill wants to break out his checkbook. If he is willing to spend the money on Rolle while not ignoring other weaknesses at LB/OL/etc I am all for it.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Rolle,Dansby,Boldin, and the age of several of our key players shows how small the window is these days in the NFL.

On the bright side it looks like Whisenhunt is on his way to installing a system that can keep the Cards on top for several years regardless of personnel like Pitt, NE and Indy.

Love the way guys like Campbell and Branch have stepped in.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We've always known that Wilson can't cover TEs 1-on-1. Wilson should either be blitzing or faking a blitz to drop to a zone on 3rd downs. Which is mostly how he's utilized anyway.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
We've always known that Wilson can't cover TEs 1-on-1. Wilson should either be blitzing or faking a blitz to drop to a zone on 3rd downs. Which is mostly how he's utilized anyway.

Yep, we've known this for years.