After Further Review

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
I saw the same things Harry. Nice job.

Did anyone else feel like they were about to have an epileptic seizure watching the plays rattle off so rapidly - one right after the other?

Also - I noticed my DVR is automatically setting up in advance its recording of the 30-minute rapid-replay for our next upcoming opponent (in this case, the Rams). How cool is that?

it depends how things are going!!

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
Great post, Harry! I was worried most by the bad tackling, which carries over from past years. At this point, is this to be blamed on Pendergast? Does he emphasize fundamentals enough?

Also, I've been assuming that our anchoring-DT problem was solved with Clancy/Moore/Watson. The last was ineligible, but what happened to the other two? I thought Clancy at least was a solution to this problem, but I saw him get moved out of a gap by a single blocker at least once. Why are we still having trouble (apart from Dockett)?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
vinnymac said:
one grip about this write up. that is the comment on that idiotic grounding throw. he was trying to save a sack and get the ball to james. even if it was with his left hand. i know if warner would have completed that throw everyone would be saying "what a great play by warner". so spare me the idotic comments when a player is trying hard to win the game.

My take also was that he was trying to get the ball to a player and not an intentional ground. Under the circumstances I thought Warner made a great effort on that play. Hope he can stay healthy as if you give him time with our receivers he is going to eat any defense alive. We will score points but can we stop the other team? We could sure use a couple of players with that $10 mil we kept in reserve. Might have been just enough to put us over the top.
Good post Harry. Keep them coming.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Scot1 said:
Also, I've been assuming that our anchoring-DT problem was solved with Clancy/Moore/Watson. The last was ineligible, but what happened to the other two? I thought Clancy at least was a solution to this problem, but I saw him get moved out of a gap by a single blocker at least once. Why are we still having trouble (apart from Dockett)?
Mitch's plan would fix it IMO.

Running downs:
NT - Watson
UT - Clancy (Moore)

Passing Downs:
NT - Clancy (Moore)
UT - Dockett

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the Edge assesment. He seemed to hesitate at times when getting the handoff, but I attribute that to his patience with the OL and counting on the play to develop as opposed to how Marcel and JJ seemed to do the same thing last year. In their case I took it as lack of vision. It seemed he had to fight for everyone of those yards Sunday.

Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Also - I noticed my DVR is automatically setting up in advance its recording of the 30-minute rapid-replay for our next upcoming opponent (in this case, the Rams). How cool is that?
Cool... except the next game is vs. the Seahawks! Is your DVR just skipping that one. :shrug:

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Harry said:
7. Warner had a great game except for the fumble and the idiotic grounding throw.

I've seen this comment a lot lately, the thing I say, is it would have been idiotic if it had been intercepted, but lets be honest, if he didn't throw the ball and get the intentional grounding, he was getting sacked, so the results were the same. We lost the same yardage and the down either way, so why not throw the ball to an area with no players and intentionally ground the ball there?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:
We lost the same yardage and the down either way, so why not throw the ball to an area with no players and intentionally ground the ball there?

Because you need to protect the ball and not take unnecessary chances. It's plays like these that often end up as turnovers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05