Ainge to attend Suns workout on Tuesday

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
He could be on-hand to make an announcement to the press side-by-side with Kerr?

He could be drafting for the Suns at #5, and wants to double-check to make sure he'd be happy with the result should the deal fall through post-draft.

He could be in town to talk to Marion.

It could be a simple professional courtesy to a guy who used to be part of the Suns organization.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Last week Marion opened a youth recreation center here in partnership with Toyota. A bunch of kids playing basketball and meeting Marion. Generations of Suns fans made right there. They did a 10 second spot on it on the news and then that was the last you heard of it.

Unfortunately pro-athletes doing good things in the community never make the news.

you do realize you just said they did a 10 second spot on it on the news and then followed that up by saying they never show pro athletes doing good things in the community on the news . . . right?

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I actually am dating the girl who's house it is. her sister married ainge's son. i will secretly look at his phone and read his texts and recent calls and see what is going on!!! :D Now that would be some insider information if you ask me!

Ainge: "trix, y u not com 2 bos? we <3 u. l8r"

Marion: "k, knowwhatimsayin"

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you do realize you just said they did a 10 second spot on it on the news and then followed that up by saying they never show pro athletes doing good things in the community on the news . . . right?

I meant it got minimal press. It was on News Channel 3 and that was all I saw of it. Not even a blip in the local papers. There are loads of Phoenix pro athletes that are quality members of the community and you never hear about what they do.

It is sad how much time is spent on the slugs of celebrity and not on those who actually try to give something back.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I actually am dating the girl who's house it is. her sister married ainge's son. i will secretly look at his phone and read his texts and recent calls and see what is going on!!! :D Now that would be some insider information if you ask me!

If you dont this board will put a curse on you!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I meant it got minimal press. It was on News Channel 3 and that was all I saw of it. Not even a blip in the local papers. There are loads of Phoenix pro athletes that are quality members of the community and you never hear about what they do.

It is sad how much time is spent on the slugs of celebrity and not on those who actually try to give something back.

Barkley used to do stuff all the time but he would bail if the media caught wind. He never wanted it to look like he was doing something just to get the pub.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not wild about a straight up trade with Boston, but if they do it the Suns need to get Gomes.

Ryan Gomes
Boston Celtics
Position: F
Height: 6-7 Weight: 250
College : Providence
Player file | Team stats
2006-07 Statistics

PPG12.1
RPG5.6
APG1.6
SPG.66
BPG.18
FG%.467
FT%.811
3P%.381
MPG31.2

He'll be a restricted free agent after this year.

nash2stouds

Reaction score
Read on a Celtics board that Ainge will come to Phoenix to watch Green , Brewer, Noah and Wright.

Not sure what conclusions you could draw from that?

One theory maybe the Suns trade up to #4 ,so they don't care what Danny sees in one of those players and takes them before the Suns can.

It's a multi-team workout. Many gm's will be there.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, just a multi-team workout. That makes the most sense. No non-obvious intriguing reason for Ainge's presence.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
ainges daughter in law just had a baby and is in town too from china....might be another bonus for him coming to az but i bet you his priorities are 1- draft 2- family!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
they would prob throw in telfair and ratliff and ask for one of our picks

However I dont see a boston trade improving our chances to win the whole ball of wax unless it was the medium to getting garnett

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, just a multi-team workout. That makes the most sense. No non-obvious intriguing reason for Ainge's presence.

Any time Ainge sets foot back on Suns ground is reason for intrigue.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ainge: "trix, y u not com 2 bos? we <3 u. l8r"

Marion: "k, knowwhatimsayin"

I laughed my ass off reading this at work, I sent it around and people thought it was hilarious...post of the year, in the short post category