Romulus
Alien 3

Average:
Alien v Predator

Bad:
Alien Resurrection

Brush my eyes with a tooth brush:
Alien v Predator: Requiem
This is pretty much in line with my thoughts after seeing this.

there was some innovation in this movie that I enjoyed and man… it def takes a BIG swing in Act 3, so I give credit to the attempt even though I’m not sure it worked. Set design, editing and effects are all pretty good too. But characters outside the main two were paper thin and there were some big questions I had at key moments of the movie wondering how the hell things were happening.

Could have done without some of the lamer fan-service moments, copying iconic shots from Aliens/Alien 3, but the worst of those was the callback to the best line in any Alien movie that’s arguably a signature line of 80’s action movies overall. That was painful… and made zero sense considering the character who said it and the punctuation at the end.

There’s one more thing that really bothered me the more the movie went on but don’t know how to describe without spoiling so I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much in line with my thoughts after seeing this.

there was some innovation in this movie that I enjoyed and man… it def takes a BIG swing in Act 3, so I give credit to the attempt even though I’m not sure it worked. Set design, editing and effects are all pretty good too. But characters outside the main two were paper thin and there were some big questions I had at key moments of the movie wondering how the hell things were happening.

Could have done without some of the lamer fan-service moments, copying iconic shots from Aliens/Alien 3, but the worst of those was the callback to the best line in any Alien movie that’s arguably a signature line of 80’s action movies overall. That was painful… and made zero sense considering the character who said it and the punctuation at the end.

There’s one more thing that really bothered me the more the movie went on but don’t know how to describe without spoiling so I’ll leave it at that.
We have a thing here called spoilers, Cheese. :p A callback to "Game over, man!"? I must have missed it. What was the other thing that really bothered you?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a thing here called spoilers, Cheese. :p A callback to "Game over, man!"? I must have missed it. What was the other thing that really bothered you?
I never know how to do the spoiler tag. The Ian Holm uncanny valley stuff. For a movie that felt really tactile and lived in, that was too much and he was just such an expo dump/evil call back character...

And man... the "Get away from her you bitch!" really made me groan.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never know how to do the spoiler tag. The Ian Holm uncanny valley stuff. For a movie that felt really tactile and lived in, that was too much and he was just such an expo dump/evil call back character...

And man... the "Get away from her you bitch!" really made me groan.
Yeah, that's a good point about the uncanny valley Ash. Cool idea but if you can't pull it off without the weirdness then you're probably better off without it. Ah, ok, missed the connection with that "get away" line.