All-no-titles team: Small Forward

Who is the best small forward without an NBA title?

• Adrian Dantley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grant Hill

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Bernard King

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Chris Mullin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • other (write-in)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Who is the best small forward never to win an NBA championship? I'll do the other positions as I get around to them. Current players are eligible only if they have reached the stage of their careers where winning a title seems very unlikely.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This is a really tough one for me for so many different reasons. Dantley and King were a bit before my time. I remember King from the end of his career, and I don't remember much about Dantley.

Grant Hill, in my opinion, was the 2nd best player in the league his first few years. People forget how amazing of a player he was. If I remember correctly, he averaged pretty damn close to 22 points, 8 rebound, and 6 assists in his Detroit days. Had he been smart enough to NOT play hurt his last year in Detroit, I am convinced he would have been in top-20 of all time conversations. He was a Lebron before Lebron. Having said all that, it is REALLY hard to base my vote on 6 years.

I'd have to say Wilkins if we are looking at entire careers, and Hill if 6 year sample is enough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is probably the toughest of all the positions you've listed so far. Historically speaking, it's probably Baylor, but for the guys I watched, I gotta go 'Nique.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elgin Baylor

He was given a ring for the Lakers' 1972 Championship. He retired 9 games into the season. Ironically, the streak (33 straight wins) began with the first game after his retirement.

He doesn't still have that ring - or a lot of his other personal things...

http://nba.si.com/2013/05/30/elgin-baylor-auction-lakers-clippers/

I have always felt that I should let my actions speak for themselves, especially on the basketball court. As a young teenager growing up in Washington, D.C., I never would have dreamed that those actions would have led me to a career as a professional basketball player. I am honored and blessed to have had the opportunity to play the game of basketball professionally for so many years. After the humbling recognition that I received over my career, I finally decided it’s time to let go of some of these historic items that I collected and enjoyed along the way, giving fans and collectors an opportunity to share and celebrate my life and career.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to vote for "The Greyhound" here, but that is totally a homer vote. It has to be Baylor AND Wilkins.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
If it weren't for their respective injuries, this would be about Hill or King. However, injuries are a reality, thus my vote goes to Wilkins.