Syracusecards said:
Akili Smith
David Klingler
Ki-Jana Carter
Tim Couch
Courtney Brown
Ryan Picket
Dameione Lewis

Those are just bad picks, they didn't fail because they were morons.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Sean Taylor. "Now I know ABC's....."

He was acquitted although because he refused the breathalyzer it's still on his record.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
He was acquitted although because he refused the breathalyzer it's still on his record.

So is the story about the alphabet problems incorrect?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
So is the story about the alphabet problems incorrect?

What Wally posted they said Taylor did the entire alphabet backwards but left out one letter.

FWIW I heard a CHP on radio once say that if she hears someone singing the ABC song she immediately cites them for a DUI. The interviewer then cited a study that said some really high % of those educated in American schools can NOT recite the alphabet without that song. I know I'm horrible at backwards I'd have to be able to write it down.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard he left out three letters saying it A-Z. However, I will withdraw his name until further notice.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
I heard he left out three letters saying it A-Z. However, I will withdraw his name until further notice.

Could be right I may be misremembering what Wally posted.

hey for a MIami guy 23-26 is pretty good. :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
What Wally posted they said Taylor did the entire alphabet backwards but left out one letter.

FWIW I heard a CHP on radio once say that if she hears someone singing the ABC song she immediately cites them for a DUI. The interviewer then cited a study that said some really high % of those educated in American schools can NOT recite the alphabet without that song. I know I'm horrible at backwards I'd have to be able to write it down.

That doesn't say very much about Ms. Officer Unfriendly.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Thomas
Also, that DE for the Bears who went cukoo a few years back (he was from Ohio State)

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I demand to be on the All-Moron team.
Maybe backup punter or something?

Just sign on as a goalie. Not like they would be interested in playing football anyway.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Duane Thomas
Also, that DE for the Bears who went cukoo a few years back (he was from Ohio State)
I believe he was a Cowboy when he went cookoo, the Bears released him the year before. Didn't he walk like 3 miles barefood in the snow with a gun to his head or something like that.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to add a few:
Reggie Rogers
Dennis McKinley
Art Schlichter
Dexter Manley
Mark Gastineau

Coach:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marty Mornhinweg[/font]

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former NFL lineman committed to a psychiatric hospital

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Federal prosecutors have charged former NFL lineman Alonzo Spellman with terrorizing fellow passengers on a flight and prompting the plane to make an emergency landing.

The 31-year-old Spellman, who last played for the Detroit Lions, was charged with interfering with a flight crew after the disturbance on a July 23 flight from Cincinnati to Philadelphia, according to a federal complaint unsealed Friday.

Spellman also was arrested later that day for allegedly ransacking his brother's home in Mount Holly, N.J. There, he was charged with making threats, criminal mischief and hindering apprehension.

He was later committed to a psychiatric hospital.

Investigators said the 6-foot-6, 320-pound defensive end terrified passengers, first by yelling about the possibility of a crash, then by cursing, calling a female passenger an offensive name and threatening to smash a flight attendant's head with his cleats.

The tirade continued throughout the flight, an FBI agent said. One male passenger seated next to Spellman fled to another part of the plane and refused to return, authorities said.

The plane's pilot was granted permission to land ahead of schedule at Philadelphia International Airport. Other flights preparing to land ahead of the plane were briefly diverted, authorities said.

Once on the ground, Spellman refused to disembark for about 10 minutes and repeatedly threatened the pilot, court records said.

''I can feel the adrenaline rushing through my hands. I am about to rip your throat out,'' Spellman told Capt. Robert Freund, according to investigators.

Police initially allowed Spellman to walk free after the flight, but he was arrested after a second disturbance at the home of his brother in Mount Holly, N.J.

Spellman's lawyer, Judith S. Gracey, declined to comment on the charges Friday.

Spellman, who was charged with interfering with a flight crew, has a history of behavioral problems.

He received psychiatric treatment at a Chicago Hospital in 1998 after being involved in a standoff with police. On July 16 he was arrested in Dearborn, Mich., on charges of drunken driving. An arrest warrant was issued when he failed to show up in court.

Spellman was released by the Lions in October, ending an NFL career that began in 1992 with the Chicago Bears. He also played two seasons with the Dallas Cowboys after taking a year off to be treated for bipolar disorder.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Oh boy!

I love this game.

Dexter Manley should be leading this list. He had huge potential.

I never remember but there was a really good saftey for the Bucs with the last name Haddix who drugged himself out of the NFL.

How about the guy who disapeared on the Bengals before the Superbowl?

Who was the guy on teh Falcons who was arrest for sleeping with the prostitute before the Superbowl?

I still think Dale Carter is a great one, he was already mentioned, but he IS the poster child to ruining your career.

Peace
:thumbup:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
bankybruce said:
Former NFL lineman committed to a psychiatric hospital

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Federal prosecutors have charged former NFL lineman Alonzo Spellman with terrorizing fellow passengers on a flight and prompting the plane to make an emergency landing.

The 31-year-old Spellman, who last played for the Detroit Lions, was charged with interfering with a flight crew after the disturbance on a July 23 flight from Cincinnati to Philadelphia, according to a federal complaint unsealed Friday.

Spellman also was arrested later that day for allegedly ransacking his brother's home in Mount Holly, N.J. There, he was charged with making threats, criminal mischief and hindering apprehension.

He was later committed to a psychiatric hospital.

Investigators said the 6-foot-6, 320-pound defensive end terrified passengers, first by yelling about the possibility of a crash, then by cursing, calling a female passenger an offensive name and threatening to smash a flight attendant's head with his cleats.

The tirade continued throughout the flight, an FBI agent said. One male passenger seated next to Spellman fled to another part of the plane and refused to return, authorities said.

The plane's pilot was granted permission to land ahead of schedule at Philadelphia International Airport. Other flights preparing to land ahead of the plane were briefly diverted, authorities said.

Once on the ground, Spellman refused to disembark for about 10 minutes and repeatedly threatened the pilot, court records said.

''I can feel the adrenaline rushing through my hands. I am about to rip your throat out,'' Spellman told Capt. Robert Freund, according to investigators.

Police initially allowed Spellman to walk free after the flight, but he was arrested after a second disturbance at the home of his brother in Mount Holly, N.J.

Spellman's lawyer, Judith S. Gracey, declined to comment on the charges Friday.

Spellman, who was charged with interfering with a flight crew, has a history of behavioral problems.

He received psychiatric treatment at a Chicago Hospital in 1998 after being involved in a standoff with police. On July 16 he was arrested in Dearborn, Mich., on charges of drunken driving. An arrest warrant was issued when he failed to show up in court.

Spellman was released by the Lions in October, ending an NFL career that began in 1992 with the Chicago Bears. He also played two seasons with the Dallas Cowboys after taking a year off to be treated for bipolar disorder.

Funny how the cops will haul you in for not knowing your alphabet, but will let you walk if you act crazy enough to land a plane pre-maturely. :rolleyes:

Cops are soooooo scared of crazy people, and never help out the public when it comes to controlling them, and protecting you from them.

Back in my college days we had to commit a fellow rugger. He was running around in a green sports coat, and had on doctor's scrubs. He was crazy as a loon. He started fires, tresspassed, destroyed things, pooped in a college dorm, and threatened and harrassed everyone in a 3 mile radius. And what did the cops do ? Nothing. Not one darn thing to help out their community. If it wasn't for the rugby team banding together, and committing the guy ourselves he would still be off his rocker today. Thanks a lot, way to protect and serve.

I still can remember him comming into my room at 2pm with a spelunking hat on trying to convince me to go and invade the nieghbors house down the street. Ahh, memories.

He is bi-polar. Once he got back on his system he was fine and dandy once again. You would never meet a nicier guy, but watch out once he starts drawing on his pants, and spray painting his car!

Rant over. :soapbox:

Peace
:thumbup:

BTW - I have the utter most respect for cops. To be a good, honest cop is the hardest job in the world.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The RB for Ravens who got busted last year for bankrolling a dope deal. Jamaal watizname.

The fat o lineman for Dallas who was busted twice for hauling about 500 pounds of weed around in a van. Not once , but twice. Nate Newton.

Terry Moron Bradshaw. Dumbest QB ever.

The QB who head butted the wall after scoring a TD and knocked himself out. Gus Frerotte.

Quincy Carter may be right up there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wallyburger said:

Maybe that's why he was so good in big games. He was too dumb to be nervous.

Capt'nCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Scott Norwood can lead the All-Goat team at kicker. Who else could you put on the team? :cry:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
wallyburger said:

No legal trouble, played the game until he retired at his utmost ability, has a couple of rings to show for the effort. No way he makes this list.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
No legal trouble, played the game until he retired at his utmost ability, has a couple of rings to show for the effort. No way he makes this list.

Four rings. Only Bradshaw and Montana can claim that.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Four rings. Only Bradshaw and Montana can claim that.

Not really moron material I'm thinking. :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wallyburger said:

Wally, did you ever see him play? He didn't have a great arm, was only a little mobile and would probably be considered an average QB by many. All he knew how to do was win games and win them he did. That's not a dumb QB. With all his handicaps, he was still able to figure out how to win. That's a smart QB.