Amare hanging with the homeboys???

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
One of the Dime Crew was at the Hopkins/Taylor fight in Las Vegas last night. Within the first five minutes of being there, he saw Rasheed Wallace, Antoine Walker and Amare Stoudemire. Sheed climbed into the ring after the fight to support fellow Philly guy Hopkins.

Does Amare hanging out with Sheed scare anyone else? :eek:

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Yuma said:

Not really. Sheed has actually grown up a lot the past few years. He is supposedly very loyal to his family, and a big charity person.

Not to mention during the brawl he was pulling people away, not taking swings.

LoganMo

Reaction score
FWIW, I have a quick secondhand story on Sheed.

I grabbed dinner during the Nuggets/Clippers game, but someone sitting next to me said that while I was gone, Sheed showed up at the summer leagues. He said that Wallace made a point not to distract from the oncourt proceedings, but that after the game he was particularly good about signing autographs and was extra nice to the kids there.

I'm not saying the man should be up for sainthood, but he's definitely no Ron Artest/Jerry Falwell/insert dispicable person of your choosing here.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
LoganMo said:
while I was gone, Sheed showed up at the summer leagues. He said that Wallace made a point not to distract from the oncourt proceedings, but that after the game he was particularly good about signing autographs and was extra nice to the kids there.

I was at that game but didn't see him. I was over by the elevator where the players come in and out of, so he easily could have been on the other side of the court. He has always been really good with the fans, and the Detroit people love him (as do his teammates).

Carmelo was at the tourney for a while too, but he isolated himself in the media section and barely talked to any fans. I was happy the see that he do something to make me like him less every summer. :p

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:

Of course the story doesn't say they were altogether. If they were there together it seems like the article probably would have said now was the case. I'm thinking the author probably spotted them all separately.

Joe Mama

Reaction score
I'm suprised not to hear JJ's name as someone in attendance.

Jermain Taylor has been Joe's best friend for years. I can't imagine him not being there for Taylor's biggest fight ever.

And Rasheed was rooting for Hopkins, whose to say that Amaré wasn't rooting for Taylor? Or that they were even actually hanging out together?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05