Anatomy of a Scalper

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went for coffee today wearing Boldin shirt.

Talking to guy making my coffee, he said he had tickets. Something about how he phrased it made me ask 'What do you mean"

Turns out he is a Bears fan who only bought season tickets to make money and is now selling playoff tickets to the highest bidder.

He has zero interest in the Cardinals.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score

Talking to guy making my coffee, he said he had tickets. Something about how he phrased it made me ask 'What do you mean"

Turns out he is a Bears fan who only bought season tickets to make money and is now selling playoff tickets to the highest bidder.

yeah it sucks

go check ebay and stubhub, tons of season ticket holders selling there seats.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It irks us true fans, but it's not against the law.
It should be IMO. I also think that the Cards should take away all the season tickets from the brokers, and anyone who sells their tickets to opposing fans. Harsh? Maybe but I guarantee you that there will be a hell of a lot more Eagles fans than anyone is expecting.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score

I dunno -- he might be dumbest, but luckiest "business person" I have heard of.

No way he makes money on the pre season games (lucky to get 50% of face value). I am sure he made money on the Cowboy, Giant and Viking games. Maybe Buffalo. He lost money on Miami, SF, STL, SEA and Atlanta.

He will make money on this game -- but do you really count on making the NFC championship game?

Even with the NFC Champ game proceeds -- I doubt he broke even for the year.

Reaction score

Did you kick him in the head!

j/k :) sort of...

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I know a guy that is a HUGE Philly fan living in Phoenix. He has season tickets, because he like to watch football.

Guess who didn't buy play-off tickets?

And I'm pretty sure that two Cardinal fans will be sitting in his seats come Sunday.

Go Cards!!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

No way he makes money on the pre season games (lucky to get 50% of face value). I am sure he made money on the Cowboy, Giant and Viking games. Maybe Buffalo. He lost money on Miami, SF, STL, SEA and Atlanta.

He will make money on this game -- but do you really count on making the NFC championship game?

EXACTLY!

:thumbup:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it is illegal in some states to sell tickets for more than a certain percentage of the purchase price. (I ran into this problem when I lived back East.) A lot of people tried to get around it by selling tickets in conjunction with a football card, old program or something that really wasn't worth the extra $500 they were asking people to shell out.

I'm pretty sure ebay monitors this stuff, but not sure if any other sites do.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

There is a royal douche bag who owns about 12 seats right behind me in Section 111. And trust me he makes money. Up until this year there has ALWAYS been an opposing fan(s) sitting directly behind me.

I know he's from out of town as he was actually with a Kansas City contingent when they played here a few years ago. Boy I was letting them have it and he was upset that I was red assing them; he finally explained those were "his" seats...that's the only game I've ever seen the guy.

As far as making $$ even with Seattle, St. Louis, and San Fran down and out they end up right behind me so if the guy can get face value for the crappy games and double, triple, or even more (see Dallas) on other games he's cleaning up.

The silver lining here is that the opposing team confrontation part brings me back to my Sun Devil Stadium days. Against Atlanta I was somewhat disoriented when I didn't have an opposing fan to torment (hey I sit behind the Cardinals, you want to bring that out of town crap sit on the visitor's side).

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Here's hoping that some of the monied Phoenicians have jumped on the bandwagon & will OUTBID Eagle fans.
It's as simple as that.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Hah, give the NFC East a try. The Redskins "fans" lead the pack on using season tickets as investments. There is a reason the Giants and Eagles consider it their 9th Home Game each year. The stadium is 40-50% opposing fan colors.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Hah, give the NFC East a try. The Redskins "fans" lead the pack on using season tickets as investments. There is a reason the Giants and Eagles consider it their 9th Home Game each year. The stadium is 40-50% opposing fan colors.

Sorry, I've been to an Eagle/Redskin game at FedEx. It's not even close to a 60/40 split.

Nitemare129

Registered
Reaction score
As a personal opinion ticket brokers and scalpers deserve a kick in the junk with a steel-toed boot. But, thats just one fan's opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05