And your 2007 MVP is...

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Dirk Nowitzki ... I hate to say it unless Phoenix takes over the #1 spot I am going to have to give the MVP to Dirk. We play Dallas 2 more times before the end of the season that could help us get to the #1 spot.

You must be registered for see images

JoRain

Registered
Reaction score
No Dirk deserves and has earned MVP this season more than Steve Nash !
there's no question - Steve should be the MVP

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dirk Nowitzki ... I hate to say it unless Phoenix takes over the #1 spot I am going to have to give the MVP to Dirk. We play Dallas 2 more times before the end of the season that could help us get to the #1 spot.

You must be registered for see images

Elbow in Dirk, elbow in.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
ugly out dirk, ugly out.

So handsome. . . all the time.

And yes, he deserves the MVP just as much if not more this year than Nash did in 2005 & 2006. And that's not homerism. At this point it is the general publics opinion. Too bad it took them two years to catch on.

sunsfn

Reaction score
I think Dirk is MVP quality! We will see who gets it.

BUT, I FOR ONE AM DAMN SICK OF READING ABOUT IT ON THIS SITE!!

ONCE IN A WHILE IS FINE, BUT THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS! THIS IS A SUNS SITE!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So handsome. . . all the time.

And yes, he deserves the MVP just as much if not more this year than Nash did in 2005 & 2006. And that's not homerism. At this point it is the general publics opinion. Too bad it took them two years to catch on.

It's not often I see a contradiction in the same post. Your right that doesn't smack of homerism .....at all. :sarcasm:

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
It's not often I see a contradiction in the same post. Your right that doesn't smack of homerism .....at all. :sarcasm:

it's actually quite beautiful "logic" if you think about it:

dirk deserves it this year as much as nash did the last two years

but

dirk was overlooked like an ugly girl with a "great personality" the last two years

ergo

nash (or, as i like to call him, beer - since he's the ugly girl's best friend) didn't really deserve to win the last two years because dirk really should have

ergo

dirk doesn't really deserve to win this year

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's actually quite beautiful "logic" if you think about it:

dirk deserves it this year as much as nash did the last two years

The statement he made was MORE. Hardly logical or objective. But I digress. We all should be doing this to Dirk. :notworthy

dirk was overlooked like an ugly girl with a "great personality" the last two years

His Geico caveman genealogy was hardly a criteria but we should petition the NBA to change such an oversight. :D

nash (or, as i like to call him, beer - since he's the ugly girl's best friend) didn't really deserve to win the last two years because dirk really should have
ergo

dirk doesn't really deserve to win this year

You had me at "ERGO". :lol:

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think Dirk is MVP quality! We will see who gets it.

BUT, I FOR ONE AM DAMN SICK OF READING ABOUT IT ON THIS SITE!!

ONCE IN A WHILE IS FINE, BUT THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS! THIS IS A SUNS SITE!!
there are more suns fans talking about the mvp issue than that of the few mavs ones. I'm on here because i live in glendale and enjoy chatting with my fellow arizona folk.
Mark Cuban isn't the best looking guy, but i'll take his looks for the net that he is worth. Same said about dirk. If i could nail shots in people's grill like dirk does I could afford to eat anything i wanted. .

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
You all sure have a lot of Dallas threads on this board, no wonder there's so many Mavs fans making themselves at home! I love contrasting these two teams, in fact I would start a thread asking opinions on why Dallas has the better record (despite so many disadvantages) but i'd probably get flamed cuz i'm a Maverick fan.

For the record... I think your views on homerism are bit hypocritical Steeldog, Mr. "Nash deserved his MVP's hands down and this year is no exception". (see the other MVP thread, not a direct quote but I think it's similar) I'm not sure if I have ever seen a case of homerism as bad as this before.

It's hard not to be biased if you have immense passion for your team but judging by the amount of homerism in that statement I don't care what board your on you shouldn't be calling anyone else a homer.

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
there are more suns fans talking about the mvp issue than that of the few mavs ones. I'm on here because i live in glendale and enjoy chatting with my fellow arizona folk.
Mark Cuban isn't the best looking guy, but i'll take his looks for the net that he is worth. Same said about dirk. If i could nail shots in people's grill like dirk does I could afford to eat anything i wanted. .

Nash isn't exactly a handsome guy either, I would say Dirk has him beat in the looks department.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Nash isn't exactly a handsome guy either, I would say Dirk has him beat in the looks department.

that, though a matter of opinion, is simply outrageous. steve nash was actually named one of the 100 best looking men on the planet about 6 months ago in some magazine, i have it in a game guide from the clippers vs suns game from a few weeks ago. now im a straight male, but i think nash is a ton better looking than dirk. just listen to the name.....Dirk nowitzki. *shudder*