And your 2007 MVP is...

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
After tonights game, the answer to the title of this thread is simple. Steve Nash is the MVP. Dirk had a chance to win/tie the game on two seperate buzzer beaters and missed both. Nash drew a foul for 3 free throws and hit a clutch 3. Game-set-match baby.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
After tonights game, the answer to the title of this thread is simple. Steve Nash is the MVP. Dirk had a chance to win/tie the game on two seperate buzzer beaters and missed both. Nash drew a foul for 3 free throws and hit a clutch 3. Game-set-match baby.
the only thing i would fault dirk is his missed FT. He and josh howard. Dirk hit a game winner earlier in the year......so i give him some credit.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
the only thing i would fault dirk is his missed FT. He and josh howard. Dirk hit a game winner earlier in the year......so i give him some credit.

well said, but still a missed clutch free throw and 2 buzzer beater attempts. he made a huge mistake by not just trying to draw contact from marion. then again, maybe he was traumatized from his previous trip to the line.

then on the other end, nash was a beast. he was 2 rebounds shy of a triple double. yes, rebounds for one of the smaller point guards in the league. There's no question that if it came down to just this game, nash would be the mvp. He drew a foul and a good player, hit all 3, and then hit a clutch 3 pointer right after that. not to mention the throw off of the legs of terry to prevent what may have been the game tieing play. A+ game for nash, B+ game for nowitzki.

Last edited:

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score

He went 2/6 from the field in the OT and had a turnover and a technical, while he was supposed to make the plays. He was unable to get the job done.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He went 2/6 from the field in the OT and had a turnover and a technical, while he was supposed to make the plays. He was unable to get the job done.
you are right. he didn't get it done. but i still think he played well enough for a mavs victory. unfortunately they just fell short. I can look back at many games that he does seal the deal. So one bad finish for dirk shouldn't completely take him out of the mvp race.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

also a good point.

no matter how many different waysyou put it, Nash got it done and Dirk didnt. Phx won and Dallas didnt.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dirk also missed a couple shots and costs the team another point with a T. Nash took over this game. He is the MVP no matter what happens the rest of the way.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The technical was horrible.

However, I blame that on Cuban anyways, he's given that team and arena such an air of hatred against the refs it's disgusting.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Dirk is MVP quality! We will see who gets it.

BUT, I FOR ONE AM DAMN SICK OF READING ABOUT IT ON THIS SITE!!

ONCE IN A WHILE IS FINE, BUT THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS! THIS IS A SUNS SITE!!

I agree. Fallen49 and his retinue need to be jettisoned.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dirk also missed a couple shots and costs the team another point with a T. Nash took over this game. He is the MVP no matter what happens the rest of the way.
I think by my posts you can see i'm being realistic as possible(despite being a homer at heart). but that should be re-typed. Like maybe nash is the mvp right now. before today i would have said dirk was. But after tonight i think nash has a slight edge. This will go back and forth. there is still another game to be played between the two. What if dirk has a great game then and hits a game winner or something. Dirk has done it before against the suns.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think by my posts you can see i'm being realistic as possible(despite being a homer at heart). but that should be re-typed. Like maybe nash is the mvp right now. before today i would have said dirk was. But after tonight i think nash has a slight edge. This will go back and forth. there is still another game to be played between the two. What if dirk has a great game then and hits a game winner or something. Dirk has done it before against the suns.

I admit, I am on a high right now. So i will be more objective by tomorrow. Until then

MV STEVE!!!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I admit, I am on a high right now. So i will be more objective by tomorrow. Until then

MV STEVE!!!
I understand that. You should be happy. that was a great game. I think both teams played great and showed why a playoff series is likely to go the distance. and down to the final shot at that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that. You should be happy. that was a great game. I think both teams played great and showed why a playoff series is likely to go the distance. and down to the final shot at that.

I have no doubt this would be a 7 game series between the 2.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I have no doubt this would be a 7 game series between the 2.
this reminds me so much of the mavs/spurs series last year. these teams are very different in some areas. but they are just so close when it comes to who is the better team.
Having said that. I'm still not sure what the spurs do in the playoffs. They aren't getting as much hype as previous years. But just looking at the 3 games against the mavs. like the suns/mavs games that have been very close, as both teams could argue they could have won every game, the spurs/mavs series has been almost as close. I can't wait for the playoffs. The only suspense left in the regular season IMO is who will get the #1 seed. If the suns take it away from the mavs, no question nash wins MVP. I feel sorry for the team that has to play S.A. in the 2nd round.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this reminds me so much of the mavs/spurs series last year. these teams are very different in some areas. but they are just so close when it comes to who is the better team.
Having said that. I'm still not sure what the spurs do in the playoffs. They aren't getting as much hype as previous years. But just looking at the 3 games against the mavs. like the suns/mavs games that have been very close, as both teams could argue they could have won every game, the spurs/mavs series has been almost as close. I can't wait for the playoffs. The only suspense left in the regular season IMO is who will get the #1 seed. If the suns take it away from the mavs, no question nash wins MVP. I feel sorry for the team that has to play S.A. in the 2nd round.

San Antonio is going to be tough. I don't buy into all the Spurs are too old crapola. Spurs are past their prime blah blah blah. As long as the Spurs have TD, the flopper and TP in that core, they are going to be a force.