Another freaking Rackers thread

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I have to say is that the apple surely doesnt fall far from the tree.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johnny, unlock the woodshed and get me my switch. I'm gonna have to teach these young-uns a lesson about fighting with your own kind.;)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not great. And he's not terrible. But, he is not reliable either. And that is the point. When the game is on the line, can you trust your kicker when he misses more clutch kicks than makes?
The point is that there is no one we can count on more than Rackers at this point.

You guys want to bitch about him in the off-season, you might find the other half of the board more amenable to cutting Rackers.

Hawkfandyno

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi all,
so, how you all feel about Rackers missing that kick?

joking, joking....i come in peace. Been a weird season so far. SF has proven they are the fraud we all thought they were. Nice to see another team putting up a fight for the division this year. Here's to a tight finish:beer::cheers:

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
Argh. C'mon. We shouldn't have even been in that position at the end of the game (But not for a PHENOMINAL onside kick, we wouldn't have been). Name one other kicker who is regularly counted on to make 50+ yarders to keep his team in/win games. He's got 3 more 50+ attempts than the next closest kicker (Rackers - (3 for 6)/ Janikowski (who is 0 for 3), and Chris Brown (who is 3 for 3). He was turning it around and kicking with confidence and they changed punters/his holder right before the season. I don't care who you are, THAT messes with you. Do we really see more upside with Barr than Uni-Bar (Barr avg 32.8 (2007) - cannot kick to the corner/ Player (2006) 36.8 - can kick to a corner)? Remember the pre-season Rackers was having (2/3 from 50+, 100% everywhere else)? He was nailin' them. He keeps us in the game, usually with makes, deep kickoffs, great onside kicks, and he's a scrapper.

Man, are we spoiled. Anyone remember Kevin Butler?

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you expect? It was kicked in a gale force wind from approximately 5 miles out to sea.

JTS

I think the part people are missing here is the coriolis effect.

I mean Rackers can't help it if the earth is rotating.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin could have stopped it. I'm surprised he didn't after it affected his pass.

Speaking of gale force winds, that must have been how Boldin's pass missed so badly.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If Kurt Warner can post a QB rating of 153.8 spitting the ball out of his mouth because his limbs were gnawed off by rats, why can't everyone else do their job?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kurt Warner can post a QB rating of 153.8 spitting the ball out of his mouth because his limbs were gnawed off by rats, why can't everyone else do their job?
Yep. And if they cut all players, not just Rackers, who don't do their "job" up to message baord standards all the time, they wouldn't have enough players for a ping pong tournament.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yep. And if they cut all players, not just Rackers, who don't do their "job" up to message baord standards all the time, they wouldn't have enough players for a ping pong tournament.

Speaking of which - why didn't we draft Adrian Peterson again? :D

\runs away.