Antwan Smith?

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Antwan Smith?

Originally posted by kerouac9
Smith is only good in the playoffs. He sucks the rest of the time. As a result, he'd make a horrible Cardinal.

No thanks I have rather the Cards draft Steven Jackson than sign Smith.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Antwan Smith?

Originally posted by azdad1978
No thanks I have rather the Cards draft Steven Jackson than sign Smith.

Unless he's available in the third round, the Cards are not drafting Jackson. In fact, they won't take a RB until round four or five, if at all. They are going in with Shipp, Smith and Scobey, and if Anderson can play, which he should be able to, then Anderson. They are not going to pay 1st or 2nd round money to a guy they don't need. There may be running backs available that are better than Shipp and Smith, but they will not take one and keep a bunch of RBs. Running back IS NOT a priority.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Re: Re: Antwan Smith?

Originally posted by azdad1978
Besides we already have a slow inside runner named Smith. :D

ouch!

:biglaugh:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Antwan Smith?

Originally posted by lrk27
Running back IS NOT a priority.

I disagree. Our running game is weak and strikes fear into absolutely nobody. It's too important an area to settle for mediocrity.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score

Unless he's available in the third round, the Cards are not drafting Jackson. In fact, they won't take a RB until round four or five, if at all. They are going in with Shipp, Smith and Scobey, and if Anderson can play, which he should be able to, then Anderson. They are not going to pay 1st or 2nd round money to a guy they don't need. There may be running backs available that are better than Shipp and Smith, but they will not take one and keep a bunch of RBs. Running back IS NOT a priority.

First of all Jackson is a legit 1st round and second the last time I checked the stats we are ranked low oin rushing.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

They are going in with Shipp, Smith and Scobey

This is insane. Shipp can't stay healthy or score, Smith is trying to duplicate what only John Riggins has been able to in NFL history (rush for 1000 yards past age 34) and Scobey who although I like as a KR offers very little to the potential starting RB role.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not saying that it's the right thing to do, but it's what they are going to do. Their running game is not very good, I agree. But there are too many holes to fill on this team. Steven Jackson is good enough to go in the first or second, I'm not debating that. But the Cardinals will not pay another running back first round money when they are already happy with the options. Jackson is a good back, but not at #3 overall.

It's not about what is right for the team, it's about what the team will be willing to do. Paying another running back is not going to happen. They are very happy with Shipp and THEY don't consider RB a top priority.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
They are very happy with Shipp and THEY don't consider RB a top priority.

I hear ya.

Incidently my pick is for either Taylor at #3 or trade down for Jackson. I wouldn't take him at #3 either.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I hear ya.

Incidently my pick is for either Taylor at #3 or trade down for Jackson. I wouldn't take him at #3 either.

I like the pick of Taylor, but I think the best option is to trade down like last year and get two 1st rounders out of this draft. Take a big WR and the best defensive player available.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I like the pick of Taylor, but I think the best option is to trade down like last year and get two 1st rounders out of this draft. Take a big WR and the best defensive player available.

I think we're set at reciever short of grabbing a deep speed threat. Dennis Northcutt, maybe Joey Galloway if he's a cap casualty. Maybe Bernard Berrian in the third round.

I'd draft defensive backs before receivers on day one for the most part.