Any chance we could see Kurt Thomas play a few minutes on Monday?

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I'm in favor of Thomas playing if he's up to it. It's stupid to go down in a close battle with bullets still left in your chamber.

I totally agree. If he's up to the task, give him a try. Especially if it looks like we're going down.

Also, I really think D'Antoni should have given House a shot in the last game. It was obvious we were not going to win that game with only LB & Marion playing like the game counted. Granted, Nash & others were tired - especially Nash who would have been better off not playing. House saved our ass in several games during the season when he got the hot hand. He wouldn't be much different on defense than most anyone else was last night - not much defense was played.

nowagimp

Reaction score
HooverDam said:
What are you talking about? This is game SEVEN- there is NO tomorrow, you have to use EVERY weapon you have. Put KT in w/ about 1 or 2 minutes to go in the 1st. Put him on Brand of Kaman, see how he does. If he looks ok, keep going to him. Its not like he's Amare who half this team hasnt played with, he should be able to fit in a bit easier.

Furthermore, giving KT 10 minutes or so in Mondays game will prepare him better for a possible WCF birth.

I think KT may do better on Kaman, who is not as quick as Brand. Certainly, Diaw and Marion could use a break on defending Kaman. And dont be fooled Billscarnage, KT knows how to box out better than any other suns player. And boxing out is the most important skill in rebounding. When KT boxes out he may not get the rebound, but it often makes it possible for others like Marion to get it.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
Kurt Thomas has 3 more days to get ready for game 7. If he can go he will be there. He is needed in this round with Kaman and Brand just running over us. Just a few minutes could make a difference in the outcome. A couple rebounds and and a couple stops on defense, very important right now.
My feeling, too! His defense and rebounding will require less preparation than fitting into the offense. Try it. If his stamina doesn't allow some specialty minutes, then let him cheerlead from the bench for the rest of the game.

And it wouldn't hurt to have him log some minutes before joining the rotation vs. the Mavs or Spurs.

The Suns are a tired team. How long can we go with a six and one-half man rotation?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
I dont think it would be a good idea to play him, but I see no harm in letting him put on the warmups and be in a jersey on Mon night

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I would like him to come back and think it would be good for him to have a few minutes of pt, but did anyone read the article someone posted on Page 1 about any comeback starting in the Western Conference Finals?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
What are you talking about? This is game SEVEN- there is NO tomorrow, you have to use EVERY weapon you have. Put KT in w/ about 1 or 2 minutes to go in the 1st. Put him on Brand of Kaman, see how he does. If he looks ok, keep going to him. Its not like he's Amare who half this team hasnt played with, he should be able to fit in a bit easier.

Furthermore, giving KT 10 minutes or so in Mondays game will prepare him better for a possible WCF birth.

I was joking, of course. Was simply pointing out the worst that could happen is he could play as bad as our other bigs have the last two games.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually the worst that could happen is that Brand could stomp on his foot and rebreak it. Still, I'm all for giving him a chance to play some defense on Monday.

mkapp

CheesyPoof!
Reaction score
I think the suns should get more aggressive with Brand. Use Burke and Skita, and maybe KT to defend him. If he starts to get deep inside, they should just pull out the hack-a-shaq defense. He is a 75% FT shooter and it may make him settle for outside shots. Worth a try if he is pounding us inside again. Getting KT back would really help us with rebounds.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
mkapp said:
I think the suns should get more aggressive with Brand. Use Burke and Skita, and maybe KT to defend him. If he starts to get deep inside, they should just pull out the hack-a-shaq defense. He is a 75% FT shooter and it may make him settle for outside shots. Worth a try if he is pounding us inside again. Getting KT back would really help us with rebounds.
You're kidding, right ? Or you want Brand to kill us with 60 points/30 rebounds/20 assists ? Neither Burke or Skita can guard the chair I'm sitting in...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Neither Burke or Skita can guard the chair I'm sitting in...

Not only that, but Tskitishvili would sustain an injury if he ran into it.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Neither Burke or Skita can guard the chair I'm sitting in...

Not only that, but Tskitishvili would sustain an injury if he ran into it.

I know wat you mean. I get worried every time he claps for the team when they do well. We don't need him to break a wrist. He needs to watch what he does.

saxmanager

Reaction score
I keep thinking that we should let you have Vin Baker to make it more fair!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saxmanager said:
I keep thinking that we should let you have Vin Baker to make it more fair!

Let us know when Vin gets back from the donut shop.

saxmanager

Reaction score
Gaddabout said:

I know what you mean, but actually Vin Baker is in terrific shape and played in several games at the end of the regular season. I'm surprised he wasn't activated for the playoffs ahead of Z Rebraca. And it's not just the donut shop he has to avoid it's also the liquor store.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
mkapp said:
Use Burke and Skita.

:thud:

No thanks.

I dont mind KT comming in, IF he is healthy and ready to go to play about 5-10 mins of one-on-one ball with Brand on D, and would be able to make a jumper.

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
Play KT 10- 15 minutes in game will spell TT and allow another big man to help defend the post and rebound. Brand will cont. to kill the suns, however with one more big man pounding him down low and freeing up other matches for marion it will help. I think grant should come in too, i believe grant came in game 3 and game TT rest, although he was 0-2 he was another big man to hit brand. I think caveman kamen sucks outside of 1 foot radius around the basket and can be driven on on any play. look for more of that, get the clippers in foul trouble and drive the dam ball. Play KT and drive the ball my game 7 predictions.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:

I bet you can find good old Oliver Miller there!

You must be registered for see images

:eek:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been out of commission for a few weeks.

I don't think it can hurt to bring in Kurt for a few minutes in a reserve role. Its more depth and another opportunity. Besides, if we go to the next round we are going to need him anyway.

But what is his health status? Can he go 10 minutes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05