Any Conrad Dobler fans out there?

who_me?

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yah! Nothing like watching Conrad have a nice Sunday afternoon lunch............on some defenders HAND!!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sack Daddy
Hell yeah! Conrad, Bob Young, Dan D., they were the boys. Those were the days.

This organization needs to bring these guys back into the fold for the benefit of current players and the fans. Go to NFL games in Chicago, Green Bay, etc and you see great past players in the stands and on the sidelines. They show up at practices and talk with the players. They bond with the new guys all the time and counsel them when needed.

They bring a sense of history with them and make their organizations stronger. I rarely see past Cards players wandering the sidelines during games...or really having any contact with the team. This should change. Maybe it will with a ring of honor but all it takes is some reaching out by current management and I am sure alot of these guys would come "home".

Wildfire

Registered
Reaction score
I love Conrad Dobler and I really enjoyed seeing DL players jumping out of a pile hollering about being bitten or being punched in the "you know where".

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard he was so mean that he used to tackle little old ladies trying to cross the street and push them in front of moving vehicles. He also caused the Hindenberg to blow up and started WWII.

Indiana Hoosier

Registered
Reaction score
Conrad, was a mean-dirty player, if you were a Cards fan you had to love him. I half-way remember a story in the New York Daily News from 1974, Cards were playing the Giants at Yankee Stadium. The Cards won the division and were heading to the play-offs, a Giant player came up to Dobler to congratulate him and the team. Conrad turned and hit him in the throat and knocked him down setting of a meelee! He was also famous for the leg whip. He said one time I will do anything it takes to protect the QB and also said I can't believe the pay me money to do this. He was really a throw back to the old football era.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every team needs - at key positions - a "take no prisoners" kind of guy who will do whatever it takes to get the job done.

At key points of some games - with its outcome on the line - you absolutely need one or two guys who are going to do anything conceivable (biting, spitting, groping, drawing a penalty etc.) to make certain the play succeeds.

dbcard74

Reaction score
I saw this play on I believe NFL Films. It was caught by a camera that wasn't following the ball. The Cardinals were running the ball around right end and up the field for a big gain. Dobler was still going at it with a defensive lineman, who wound up flat on the ground. Dobler looked left, looked right to make sure no referees were watching him, then stepped on the guy's helmet.

By the way, wasn't he cut at least twice before he made the team?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05