Anyone else excited?

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
With the new vision for the Suns? Granted, Porter wasn't really given a fair shot, but going back to the running game and having the option of slowing down in the half court is going to be blissful to watch.

Shaq is certainly capable of being in a running system, he could be the trailor and start the fastbreak with his long outlet passes, etc. Plus, if nothing comes from an offensive set, dump it down to the big fella.

I just think the team will respond well to Gentry and get on a run,

LET'S GO SUNS!

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
yeah the second half should go well for the suns as long as $arver is not stupid enough to trade Amare.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I am getting excited but just really because we have a new coach and I want to see what he brings to the table. But yeah it will be fun to see if the suns really do go back to the old days of run n gun, and the shot in 5 sec rule :). GO SUNS

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
no matter how the results are, the games would definitely be more fun to watch, which is........what's really ALL about (at least for us) :p

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
I am excited, but jesus Andrew get off Shaq's nuts. You weird me out with your love for him

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
No...dont expect to see to much difference as long as Shaq is still on the team.

He's still gonna clog up the lane, thus making himself the number one option on offense.

I doubt Gentry will ban Barnes from making entry passes.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Excited. But worried about them defensively. Offense was never the question.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new vision for the Suns? Granted, Porter wasn't really given a fair shot, but going back to the running game and having the option of slowing down in the half court is going to be blissful to watch.

Shaq is certainly capable of being in a running system, he could be the trailor and start the fastbreak with his long outlet passes, etc. Plus, if nothing comes from an offensive set, dump it down to the big fella.

I just think the team will respond well to Gentry and get on a run,

LET'S GO SUNS!

I can say I am more relieved then excited that this team did SOMETHING. Having said that is there really anything new here?

I hope Gentry doesn't go back to exactly what D'Atnoni did or it's pointless. Hopefully, he finds a happy medium between the D'Antoni system and a system of his own.

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
Best case scenario - we get to the 6th seed by the end of the season, and face Denver in the first round Worst case scenario - .500 the rest of the way, 9th spot in the West, don't move up in the lottery (do we even have our pick this year?)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Best case scenario - we get to the 6th seed by the end of the season, and face Denver in the first round Worst case scenario - .500 the rest of the way, 9th spot in the West, don't move up in the lottery (do we even have our pick this year?)

Best case scenario for me. The Suns move up into whatever spot it takes to play the Spurs in the first round. I know its a long shot but knocking the Spurs out would salvage the season for me.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Shaq worked fine last season, if they had more time to gel before the playoffs they could have been a legit contender. Unfortunately, same scenario applies to this season :(