Anyone Have Chad Fords Chat from Today

sunsfn

Reaction score
Kurt Thomas is really going to help the suns team this year.

Wilcox is available, the Clips have said they are wanting to trade him.
Wilcox would be a very good addition to the suns. He can run the floor and is an overall decent player. He needs playing time that he is not getting in L.A. and the suns running game is right for him.

The clips are always open to draft picks, but they would probably not take Jake in trade.

This gun thing will hurt some.

I read an article somewhere on the internet that said there is a large number of NBA players that carry guns.

-

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I did get the original point about PF vs. C, but I'll drop it. If JPlay or anyone else wants to keep drinking the Wilcox Kool-aid, that's fine. Wilcox may develop into a good player someday, but he isn't near Thomas's level and he wouldn't fit in well with the Suns.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't have too much of a problem with not having a license or permit for the handgun. However, the spent casings are something else entirely.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
I'm not sure Barbosa has the instinct to be a great passing PG. Nate Robinson however is a true point and he can pressure and defend quick guards like Parker.

A true point who was what the 3rd best PG on his college team? He was a great college player but Conroy played PG not Robinson, and even Brandon Roy is a better PG than Robinson, he just played SF or even PF because UW played such a small lineup.

UW played at a breakneck pace all year, averaged 87 PPG, Robinson played 31.5 MPG, and only averaged 4.5 APG. he's not a PG, he's trying to learn to be one and I'll never say never, but he's basically a 5'8" SG. he's a much smaller more athletic Dajuan Wagner.

I love the kid and hope he does well in the NBA but to say he's a true point is a huge reach at this point in his career.

OP
OP
JPlay

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
A true point who was what the 3rd best PG on his college team? He was a great college player but Conroy played PG not Robinson, and even Brandon Roy is a better PG than Robinson, he just played SF or even PF because UW played such a small lineup.

UW played at a breakneck pace all year, averaged 87 PPG, Robinson played 31.5 MPG, and only averaged 4.5 APG. he's not a PG, he's trying to learn to be one and I'll never say never, but he's basically a 5'8" SG. he's a much smaller more athletic Dajuan Wagner.

I love the kid and hope he does well in the NBA but to say he's a true point is a huge reach at this point in his career.

Not every PG is going to be John Stockton or Steve Nash. He's a scoring point, and he's in the mold of Early Boykins. I don't think Barbosa has learned the word assist yet.

Robinson can defend quicker points, which is where his true value lies.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Not every PG is going to be John Stockton or Steve Nash. He's a scoring point, and he's in the mold of Early Boykins. I don't think Barbosa has learned the word assist yet.

Robinson can defend quicker points, which is where his true value lies.

OK but that's not what you said before, you said true point, which implies a lot more than he can defend quick PG's.

Again I love the kid, hell I saw his dad play HS basketball in San Jose, the local papers used to constantly misspell his name Jock instead of Jacque, but I've seen Nate play a lot in the Pac 10 and he's not a PG offensively yet.

I don't think he has much at all in common with Boykins beyond height, he's much stronger than Earl, not nearly as good of a shooter, but a much better athlete and finisher. When you see a kid that size take a missed shot out of the air and slam it with one hand, you stand up and applaud no matter what team you pull for.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robinson is a point guard the same way a guy like Steve Francis is. If he plays 30 minutes per game he's going to get 3-4 assists at least. He's not a true point guard, but he's much more point guard than Barbosa.

JPlay said:
Jake Voskul has a reliable 10-19 jumper too. So what. Most of the European centers do to.

Chris Wilcox is much more athletic, younger and can score when he's given a chance to play. He's also upset at the Clippers with regards to his playing situation and they already have Elton Brand. He could be had for the right deal.

Jake Voskuhl does not have a reliable 10-19 foot jumper. If you believe that you haven't watched him play enough. His shot looks pretty good, but it only goes in the basket every once in a while. Last year for instance he was approximately 4-18 on his jump shots. Jake Voskuhl is a big body and decent rebounder. That's it.

Joe Mama

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I don't think he has much at all in common with Boykins beyond height, he's much stronger than Earl, not nearly as good of a shooter, but a much better athlete and finisher.

I agree. Boykins is a popular comparison to Robinson although I don't really see any similiraties between them either other than both are super-quick and super-small.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess I am the only guy on this board that breathed a sigh of relief when the trade came across that we were jettisoning Robinson. If Isiah picked him at #21, I will bet you he isn't all that. We ARE talking Isiah wanting him! :D

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I guess I am the only guy on this board that breathed a sigh of relief when the trade came across that we were jettisoning Robinson. If Isiah picked him at #21, I will bet you he isn't all that. We ARE talking Isiah wanting him! :D

George agrees with you

Errntknght

Reaction score
BTW, guys, we didn't trade Nate Robinson + Q for Thomas - his being traded to the Knicks within seconds of the pick being announced makes it evident that we made the pick at #21 that the Knicks wanted. Almost certainly the Suns would have picked someone like Joey Graham or Chris Taft... maybe even David Lee.

I don't think anyone in here was plugging for Nate at #21. I wanted the Suns to get him but I was thinking of somehow getting an early 2nd round pick to use for that. But it was always more in the realm of fantasy than anything else because Nate's value is on defense as much as anything so I didn't expect the Suns to even want him. Eddie Basden was even more of a fantasy because all you heard about him was his defense. Obviously, he wasn't even on the Suns' radar.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Thanks. I think trading Nate Robinson for Kurt Thomas and getting rid of Q will eventually come back to haunt us. Especially if we have to let JJ go or max him out just to keep him.

I wish people would get it straight, we did not trade Nate Robinson. They had announced the deal between NY and Phx was finalized before the Suns picked. We picked Robinson for the Knicks.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Jake Voskul has a reliable 10-19 jumper too. So what. Most of the European centers do to.

Chris Wilcox is much more athletic, younger and can score when he's given a chance to play. He's also upset at the Clippers with regards to his playing situation and they already have Elton Brand. He could be had for the right deal.

If Jake Voskuhl had a reliable 10-19 ft jumper he would have gotten more minutes. Jake can only score around the basket.

The Suns want face up centers. Wilcox is not one.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
I wish people would get it straight, we did not trade Nate Robinson. They had announced the deal between NY and Phx was finalized before the Suns picked. We picked Robinson for the Knicks.

Exactly. I still think the Phoenix Suns held out until they knew the players they really wanted were off the board. Ike Diogu may or may not have been one of those players. Joey Graham was probably one of them.

It is entirely possible that the Phoenix Suns would have taken Robinson at #21 if they had kept the pick though. There is all sorts of misinformation floated around during draft time, but they were supposedly high on him. Another possibility was Francisco Garcia.

We just don't know who the Phoenix Suns would have drafted at #21. It could have been Robinson, but there's no way to really know at this point.

Joe Mama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan