Anyone make their SundayTicket call yet?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you can record and keep any game. Most of the time I will let the Cards play for about an hour then turn on the game so I can fast forward through the commercials. (Make sure your not watching something that gives updates to NFL games or it can spoil it.)

They also NFL replay that you can watch the games in 30 minutes. Amazing how short a game is without timeouts or commercials.

Also, when you watch them on tivo, you hit the 30sec button the second the play ends and 9 times out of 10 it fast forwards you to the snap of the next play.... perfect.

Speaking of which, I just rewatched the Seahag game... how the heck did the Cards win that game??? 4 picks!!! on the road, no less.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Tell me more about this Apple TV, please and thank you.

We are under contract with Directv and don't have any leverage for negotiating (not that I currently care about getting the Ticket).

Just something for you to look into, Android tv boxes (search getxbmc-Prometheus and xunity eclipse) with XBMC installed will give you everything and I mean everything! I don't get Pac12 on DTV but watch all ASU games in HD also movies, tv shows etc...just another option to think about

Also for everyone with the Apple TV (which I don't like Apple but have an ipad) you can jailbreak them to open up a ton more options especially for media

sorry I geek out and test all this stuff in the offseason lol

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I called to cancel Sunday Ticket. As in cancel cancel. But when I check my online account is says I am still signed up for it, doesn't show a charge for it, and says I am not signed up for Max.

Now I don't want to call and confirm that I won't be charged for it, in case they are going to give it to me free.

What to do? :)

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

Reaction score
So I called to cancel Sunday Ticket. As in cancel cancel. But when I check my online account is says I am still signed up for it, doesn't show a charge for it, and says I am not signed up for Max.

Now I don't want to call and confirm that I won't be charged for it, in case they are going to give it to me free.

What to do? :)

Just make sure you're not on auto renew,
I calked and got the RedZone channel free after complaining lol which is fine since I only watched that until the Cards played

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you're not on auto renew,
I calked and got the RedZone channel free after complaining lol which is fine since I only watched that until the Cards played

I just called again. They had me on auto renew still. Jerks. I am totally out!

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Just something for you to look into, Android tv boxes (search getxbmc-Prometheus and xunity eclipse) with XBMC installed will give you everything and I mean everything! I don't get Pac12 on DTV but watch all ASU games in HD also movies, tv shows etc...just another option to think about

Also for everyone with the Apple TV (which I don't like Apple but have an ipad) you can jailbreak them to open up a ton more options especially for media

sorry I geek out and test all this stuff in the offseason lol

I am a big fan of this. I usually use the Sportsdevil plugin for xbmc. I do have to admit it can be frustrating to find a quality stream for live sports, but I always end up finding a suitable link for football games, UFC fights and Suns games.

It's a no-brainer for movies/TV though. HD quality at the touch of a button, anything you want.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

Reaction score
I am a big fan of this. I usually use the Sportsdevil plugin for xbmc. I do have to admit it can be frustrating to find a quality stream for live sports, but I always end up finding a suitable link for football games, UFC fights and Suns games.

It's a no-brainer for movies/TV though. HD quality at the touch of a button, anything you want.

Ha a fellow XBMCer , I've been using the Live and Sports section in MashUp (my favorite repo) to look for sports, I can usually find everything on there but it does take clicking a few some dead links to get what ya want sometimes.
But yes, for movies and TV you can find anything.

We hijacked the thread sort of lol

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have Apple TV. If I could get an online stream of the ticket there, I'd be gone in an instant.

This times a million. I don't know why fans can't just choose a package to buy certain teams games.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This times a million. I don't know why fans can't just choose a package to buy certain teams games.

If enough people cancel, then they might decide they can make more money that way. In the meantime, they see NFL fans as the biggest suckers out there. What other group pays for so much TV that they don't watch? Hell, even with DVR, you CANT watch all that you are paying for.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If enough people cancel, then they might decide they can make more money that way. In the meantime, they see NFL fans as the biggest suckers out there. What other group pays for so much TV that they don't watch? Hell, even with DVR, you CANT watch all that you are paying for.

Yep that's it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
As I have said in many threads going back over the years...... All of the streaming options suck from an HD quality perspective.

After negotiating with DTV I got 6 payments at $34.99 per and Max for free. I will take it.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really hated Direct TV when I had it last year. I didn't like Red Zone because I'm more interested in how they got there, how they set it up, etc. It's useless when it comes to determining what a team does or the pace and tone with which they play. I did enjoy being able to watch any game I wanted, but really for the hardcore fan, the type of fan who would buy such a service, you miss half the days games because you're watching the Cards either early or late game anyway. So you don't really get 16 games to choose from each Sunday--you get 8.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Why I ask for Max for free:

Laptop tablet & mobile use.
Shortcuts. I LOVE the shortcuts!!!!

That was it until the new fantasy football thing. I might be interested in that if it is done correctly.

Usually I stream Redzone on my laptop while I watch a game on my TV. I flip during non-cards games and stick to the cards when they are on.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I called today and said I was cancelling because it was too expensive. The lady offered me $20.00 off a month and I told her I could get it cheaper at Comcast. She then saw I had a HD receiver so she said she would take $30.00 off a month for a year and then I brought up how I am not too happy that Directv does not have the Pac-12 Network. She mentioned they were getting the SEC and I said I was not a fan of that conference. I then brought up the NFL ticket and she says she could give that to me free for this year. I then told her I would stay for a year with the $30.00 off a month and the NFL ticket for free. The call took about fifteen minutes.

The key I think is to be as nice as possible and mention the callers name a couple of times, so it makes the call more personal. I would tell her I really appreciate her helping me get as good a deal as possible. I made her feel like she was not only helping me but saving Directv from losing a customer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05