Arizona Basketball 2024-2025 - Welcome to the Big-12

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The natives are a little restless about Tommy’s recruiting. Even ASU are in on 5* prospects with their NIL program that Arizona and UCLA can’t afford. @TJ @Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The natives are a little restless about Tommy’s recruiting. Even ASU are in on 5* prospects with their NIL program that Arizona and UCLA can’t afford. @TJ @Russ Smith

I have to confess while I'm looking forward to watching UCLA this year, I'm kind of in the like the hotdog don't want to know how it's made place right now.

I keep hearing UCLA bowing out on recruits who are demanding too high of an NIL, my take is they're all in on transfer. They know what they're getting, that's not the case with HS recruits, so they're not willing to pay as much for HS recruits.

Sounds like Arizona is in the same boat.

But I'm not naive I don't think they can put the genie back in the bottle.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I have to confess while I'm looking forward to watching UCLA this year, I'm kind of in the like the hotdog don't want to know how it's made place right now.

I keep hearing UCLA bowing out on recruits who are demanding too high of an NIL, my take is they're all in on transfer. They know what they're getting, that's not the case with HS recruits, so they're not willing to pay as much for HS recruits.

Sounds like Arizona is in the same boat.

But I'm not naive I don't think they can put the genie back in the bottle.

The days of tradition and relationship building are over. You can pay a recruit to come to your program, develop him for a year and then he can leave in the free-for-all portal because someone else offered him more. Not sure how coaches don’t pull their hair out. Athletes should get paid much more than their old stipends but there has to be limit.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Only player we lead for as of now is Koa Peat. The issue with recruiting these days is that you can be the leader for a kid and then 5 min later not be the leader if someone ups the ante for their services. The NIL has really changed the way recruiting has gone

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had tunnel vision on the Pac-12 to Big 12 switch, looking at it only under the lens of football that I completely spaced that U of A basketball would be in the Big 12 now. That's gonna be weird.

Big time matchups against KU I guess will become the new hot rivalry, assuming Zona continues to be a basketball power of some sort.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Only player we lead for as of now is Koa Peat. The issue with recruiting these days is that you can be the leader for a kid and then 5 min later not be the leader if someone ups the ante for their services. The NIL has really changed the way recruiting has gone

Smart to save all the NIL fund on Peat then… With the way 25’ recruiting looks you have to hope Bradley, Lewis and Krivas aren’t TOO good this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky